Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
is a fast-growing financial technology company currently operating in Zambia,
Tanzania and South Africa, with
operations due to commence in Kampala, Uganda towards the end of 2020 and the start of 2021. Our client will be delivering personal
lending products from branch based channels,
utilising internally generated software and lending products backed by the IT
and data analytics teams based in
summaryThis position is ideal for an accountant that is looking to
play a key role as part of the countries new management team. The role would best suit an all-rounder that is
able to manage a team as well as
provide input into the optimising of operations and overall strategy formulation.
1) Management responsibilities
- Serve as member of executive team and assist in
determination of company strategy.
- Work with and manage a finance team.
an adventurous and desirable place to work.
- Contribute to growth of the client as a key player in the
Ugandan microfinance industry
- Daily reconciliations of entity transactions.
- Preparations of monthly accounts.
- Assist with the annual audit
- Annual budgeting
- Manage creditors and bill payments
- Manage the payroll function
- Lodge and reconcile indirect taxes (Payroll and
- Liaise with Uganda Revenue Authority where
- Work direct debits teams (external and internal)
to manage collections
- Analyse and optimise accounting ratios to
- Manage spending decisions
- Manage cash flow and external financing where
years experience in the banking industry or with a fast growth company
experience within the sector is preferred
ability to work independently and contribute strategically to growth of the
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
3 days left to apply