Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
The position overall responsibility is to formulate and implement financial strategies, management of financial systems and safeguard/optimize the utilization of the organizations’ financial resources through the implementation of appropriate accounting systems that ensures timely production of financial information and compliance to Group and Business Unit Reporting standards as well as country statutory requirements and IFRS compliance.
As a leader of a team, the role holder must have excellent technical skill and subject matter expertise and serve as a coach to the finance executive team. They must ensure overall employee satisfaction and productivity, in order to deliver strategic and operational business excellence
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the Techno Brain Finance Divisions policies and procedures which is reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAs):
1. Financial accounting, Audit and reporting
• Ensure timely provision and interpretation of financial information including review of monthly management accounts and variance analysis reports as per set deadlines
• Develop and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and policies
• Ensure implementation of financial/accounting policies and procedures as approved by the board i.e. accounting services are conducted in line with IFRS, Group Processes and Practice and Project accounting standards
• Periodically conduct reviews and evaluations to identify cost-reduction opportunities
• Responsible for managing the country's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
• Liaise with external auditors to ensure timely annual audits are carried out and recommendations implemented
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts including Booking Keeping, Proper Filing (documentation management), Cash and Bank Management, Procurement management, etc.
• Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
• Prepare internal audits reports i.e. statutory audits, tax audits & transfer pricing audits as applicable
• Disburse payment for different accounts including Receivables and Payables of the company e.g. contracted suppliers
2. Budgeting and Finance Forecasting
• Responsible for preparation of annual country budgets, short/ long term financial forecasts and manages the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
• Ensure timely preparation of short, medium and long term country cash flow forecasts, monitoring and interpreting the same
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Corporate Finance Director and Regional finance manager
• Prepare the regular financial statements review, initiate quality and efficiency improvements across the Business Unit
3. Communication and Partnership
• Ensure cordial working relationship with external financial partners e.g. auditors, bankers and statutory organization’s such as Revenue Authorities
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate in accordance with procurement policy
4. Payroll preparation and administration
• Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
• Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
• Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time
5. Risk and Legal management
• Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that organizational risks are minimized
• Maximize income where possible and appropriate
• Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
• Handle the legal and contractual matters of the company
6. Leadership and Communication
• Performance Management: Manage employee performance e.g. Weekly/monthly continuous performance discussions and provision of feedback. Translate strategy into executable plans while motivating your team with clear direction by setting clear goals and KPIs each quarter.
• Succession Planning: Develop the next leadership bench in your team through identifying and working with HR in developing your team’s talent potential e.g. coach, mentor and facilitate development of direct reports.
• Behavioral Role Model: Emulate Techno Brain corporate values through your behavior through rewarding and voicing support for good behaviors as much as you reward technical competence.
• Team Engagement: Engage their employees and manage diversity within the workplace by encouraging and personally participating in employee engagement activities