Finance & Regulatory Specialist
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in research & analysis in the areas of law and financing (financing for government projects a preferred specialisation)
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory reform work
- Demonstrated understanding of national and county budgeting processes
- Demonstrated understanding of the WASH sector in Kenya
- Strong connections to relevant government stakeholders
- A Master’s Degree in Finance Law (or a related degree)
- A self-starter who is motivated to conduct research without supervision
- Highly organized team player, with proactive and flexible work style.
- Language: English required. Fluency in French or Swahili is a plus.
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humour.
- Develop and deploy a strategy to work closely with relevant government stakeholders to increase the prioritization of national and county budgeting in WASH and sanitation.
- Work with the system to become involved in the budget-making process in Kenya.
- Build capacity of government and other relevant stakeholders on the importance of increased financing reform to shape future growth of sector Understand how.
- Develop recommended financing structures and mechanisms – with hard numbers to back up the ideas! – to promote government investment in serving low–income areas with sanitation.
- Develop and deploy a strategy to work closely with relevant government stakeholders to strengthen the regulatory environment such that non–sewered sanitation is recognized and measurable.
- Build capacity of government and other relevant stakeholders on the importance of regulatory reform to shape future growth of the sector.
- Develop recommended metrics for stakeholder analysis and uptake.
- Coordinate, prepare, or review regulatory submissions for projects.
- Maintain current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
- Interpret regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that the company stays aligned with regulatory rules.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Today left to apply
Sanergy Limited Kenya
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
Meet your new colleagues
Today left to apply