Master Power Systems Limited (MPSL) came into inception in 2001 and is
now a leading engineering and contracting company specialized in designing and executing electrical works, with the main focus being in the corporate market strong minded in providing quality service.
We are currently seeking an Experienced Finance Professional with strong
problem-solving skills to fill up the post of a Financial Controller at our Office in Nairobi,Kenya
At Least 5 years of relevant experience in managing of books of accounts,
statutory audits, direct & indirect taxation.
Must have prior team management experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated with high energy.
Strong ability to deliver results.
1. As a Financial Controller you need to report to the C.F.O. on daily basis.
2. Ensure books of accounts are representative of the affairs of the Company and are kept in accordance with applicable accounting standards & policies.
3. Work with the Accounts Receivable team for ensuring collections happen on a timely basis.
4. Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies on daily basis.
5. You will manage all internal financial controls and engage with operations on a daily basis to ensure that workload can be carried out in an efficient manner.
6. Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
7. You will be responsible for proactively managing cash flow.
8. You will provide at the end of each month, within 1 week, management accounts including Balance Sheet, P&L and CF statements to the management team.
9. You must set budgets and forecasts reviewing the actuals vs budget and provide a detailed analysis of any variances against budget.
10. You need to maintain Fixed Assets Register.
11. It is expected within 6 months the Financial Controller shall have a stock control system in place.
12. Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
13. Liaising with Banks for day to day transactions, opening of LCs, BGs, Foreign Exchange remittances, correctness of various charges including periodic interest etc.
14. Carrying out periodic Physical verification of Cash, Inventories, Fixed Assets, Debtors & Creditors balance confirmation etc.
15. Liaising with Banks for Financing, Govt. Agencies for Tendering, Customers, Suppliers and other agencies.
16. Create Project based P&L.
17. Participating in board ,annual general meetings, and other managerial meeting for discussions and decision making process.
18. Manage payroll processing on a timely basis, including updates to the processing arising from changes to statutory requirements
19. Ensure that all tax liabilities are computed correctly, applicable returns are filed properly, and payments for the same are made on time.