Financial Innovation Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The CompanyMotorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa,but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is a Ugandan-based startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. SafeBoda is growing fast with our mobile app on Android and iOS in terms of completed rides in Kampala, Uganda.
SafeBoda is looking for a Financial Innovation Manager. The jobholder will be responsible for developing a range of financial products and services for SafeBoda drivers and passengers. Reporting to the CFO this will be an exciting and challenging role that enables the successful applicant to play a pivotal part in identifying, testing and scaling opportunities for SafeBoda to offer access to financial products and services to hundred of thousands of under-banked Kampalans.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance related field;
- Solid analytical skills and advanced experience of Excel;
- At least 3 years’ experience in retail banking/microfinance in Uganda;
- Familiarity with the financial regulatory environment in Uganda;
- Pro-active ability to move fast, innovate and find creative solutions;
- Excellent communication skills with the flexibility to negotiate corporate partnerships one minute and explain financial concepts to SafeBoda riders the next;
- Already be a SafeBoda super-user. Love the product and be curious about how it works;
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- Manage a series of partnerships with financial institutions to design a series of financial pilots;
- Work alongside the Driver Team to communicate opportunities to drivers;
- Work with the Finance Team to integrate pilots into financial systems;
- Collate feedback on pilots and summaries findings;
- Support Management Team in crafting future strategy.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Reporting; Business development; Partnerships; Retail banking; Customer relations; Innovation processesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)