Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for coordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
Solicit local group Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of the Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
1. Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.2. Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.3. Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.4. Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.5. Entertainment of potential and existing customers.6. Preparation of Sales Promotions & Mailings.7. Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.8. Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.9. Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.10. Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.11. To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions.12. Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)13. To assist in menu planning and pricing.
14. Development and maintenance of department manual.
15. Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
16. Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.17. Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending.18. Purchasing of purchase requirements of small wares, linens requirements etc.19. Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.20. Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
21. Liaise on an on-going basis with the sales department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.22. Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business and minimize number of customer complaints.23. Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.24. Responsible for staff training and development.
25. Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
· Must have a minimum of diploma in hospitality/ hotel management or any other related course· Must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a 3 to 4 star hotel in a management position.· Great interpersonal skills · Creative and innovative person· Passionate and self-driven candidate
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself