Food & Beverage Controller
Ankole GrillNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting / Commerce
- Working knowledge of financial principles & F&B controls
- Working knowledge of Inventory & POS Systems – Micros Fidelio / Materials Controls is preferable
- Administration and leading high effective teams
- Good computer skills: MS Excel, MS Word. Receiving Software, Inventory system QuickBooks & Micros POS
- Hospitality certification is a plus,
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Prepare, generate on a monthly basis reports for distribution to the Management Accountant and concerned Heads of Department.
- Participate in planning daily salvage, control and usage of usable left over food items.
- Continuously review and furnish current portion cost information to the General Manager, Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef, so that they can adequately price menus.
- Monitor cost control for staff meals and calculate the cost of employees’ meals each month
- Takes regular bar stocks and produce bar stock take results.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory of the beverage store room.
- Maintain daily records of cost, potential sales and actual sales, investigate any significant variances.
- Cost requisitions and direct issues on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to produce a Daily Food Cost Report and Beverage Cost report.
- Analyze actual cost vs budget and share the red flags on the variances for effective decision making.
- Control the stores by ensuring accuracy of inventory, stock control and the pricing of good received.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all costs, prices and ensuring all the cost / prices measurement controls are within budget and advice of any deviations.
- Responsible for ensuring optimal inventory holding and ensures the SLOBs (Slow Moving Obsolete) inventory cost is at minimum and no carrying forward of obsolete and expired stock.
- Responsible for inventory reconciliation i.e. physical stock with the stock in the system and advising management on the root cause of deviations (if any).
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated process owners.
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head.
- Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded.
- Make periodical checks on the value of the restaurant food as compared to posted food totals including carry out spot checks on bin cards.
- File food and beverage reports; review trading margins and performance reports daily, weekly and monthly with management.
- Ensures that monthly inventory of food, beverage, cutlery, crockery, glassware, cleaning materials, re-saleable, empties, linen, stationery, and disposable is taken and computed.
- Preparation of data for presentation in the finance meeting.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Ankole Grill has no other jobs
House Keeping Supervisor
Kampala / Premier Recruitment
Tourism Officer-Kanungu District.
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Customer Experience Agent- Multicarrier
Kampala / Maersk Line
Travel & Facilities Supervisor – International Committee of the Red Cross (Re-advertised)
Kampala / International Committee of the Red Cross
Customer Experience Executive
Nairobi / ABNO Software International