Job verified by Fuzu
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD) Uganda | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Food & Cash Distribution Field Monitor (Palorinya)
Click to apply
- High, secondary school
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
(VA NO: AFOD/EXT/INT/47/18/001)
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
Main job summary:
Under the direct supervision of Programme Support Assistant, the incumbent will monitor the General Food Assistance process to ensure registered and verified beneficiaries receive correct entitlement, conducted Food/Cash Basket and Post Distribution Monitoring to inform on GFA to conflict affected population for all stakeholders.
- Secondary school education, supplemented with experience or additional education in education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
At least four years of progressively responsible support experience including at least two years in the field of accounting, statistics, humanitarian operations, or another related field.
How To Apply:
Submit your application through email and address to the Human resource Officer, Kampala Head Office, Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Ntinda Minister’s Village or the Adjumani Field Office, Kelvin Road. Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location, CV(with at least 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
- Monitor the implementation of GFA process at the FDP to ensure the assistance program at the local level is provided to fully registered and verified beneficiaries only.
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements - food for targeted beneficiaries and cash transfer programme, the temporary storage at the FDP, process of food commodities and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded. Check the quality of the commodity and report any damaged or suspected to be damaged;
- Monitor distribution and management of food and non-food items at the site and provide feedback to Senior Programme Assistance and others on the distribution process.
- Conduct Food Basket, Post Distribution Monitoring and Market prices monitoring, collect data for analysis to inform on the GFA to conflict affected population.
- Compile information on GFA process and submit monthly report to the Emergency Food/Cash Coordinator;
- Collect qualitative information and human-interest stories from the field for the donors.
- Support in the elaboration of communication material, by taking pictures and making short videos;
- Supervise and train other personnel as appropriate;
- Perform other related duties as required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Photography; Field management; Training program planning; Project implementation; Qualitative methods; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply