Job verified by Fuzu
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD) Uganda | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Food Distribution Manager (Adjumani)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Food, nutrition
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
(VA NO: AFOD/INT/16/18/001)
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
Main job summary:
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager/Head of Field Office, the incumbent will coordinate timely operation of all food distribution processes with stakeholders and manage General Food Assistance (GFA) AFOD team members and contracted community casual staff. Provide support to ensure timely and efficient provision of assistance to affected population.
Bachelors’ degree in any discipline related to food security and livelihood. Experiences in managing food security & livelihoods.
Experience in management of large-scale food distributions in a complex humanitarian environment with an international or multinational organization.
Experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programmes.
Demonstrated experience of integrated gender and diversity issues into humanitarian programmed including accountability for Affected Population.
How To Apply:
Submit your application through email and address to the Human resource Officer, Kampala Head Office, Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Ntinda Minister’s Village or the Adjumani Field Office, Kelvin Road. Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location, CV(with at least 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
- Coordinate timely operation of all GFA Food commodity distribution processes with stakeholders – OPM, WFP, UNHCR, Local Government Leadership and service provider (EDP Management & Secondary Transporter) to verified and registered beneficiaries.
- Provide day to day oversight and management of food distribution planned under GFA to affected population by WFP including facilitating implementation and monitoring of GFA in area of operation.
- Periodically review GFA responses in accordance with the WFP policy and WFP Uganda GFA guidelines for affected population.
- Closely coordinate with M&E Unit to ensure that relevant output and outcome indicators for GFA interventions are systematically being collected and analyzed in a manner that will help the CO determine efficiency and effectiveness of food delivery.
- Supervise AFOD Uganda Food Distribution team members and contracted community casual staff and provide support to ensure timely provision of assistance to affected population.
- Conduct regular community sensitization with affected population Food Management Committee and Refugee Welfare on general food assistance.
- Prepare and submit activity, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to Head of Field Office.
- Perform other assigned duties by supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Food, nutritionSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Operative management; Programme management; Supply and demand planning; Training program planning; Stock and inventory managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply