Food Procurement Strategy & Optimization Manager
Vivo Energy KenyaNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- CP professional with at least 5 years’ experience in Procurement functions, preferably fully versed in requisition to pay practices.
- Strong understanding of the QSR industry and QSR supply chain practises
- Demonstrates in depth understanding of purchasing policies, negotiations and procurement procedures
- Proven ability to integrate operational CP processes in complex situations, and to bring change into working practices
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Ability to influence peers and lead cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Good communications and inter-personal skills
- Strong project management/leadership skills
- Very good commercial sense
- Purchase order processing knowledge
- Financial awareness.
- Work with JV supply chain teams to conduct supply market analysis in order to understand trends in cost drivers, supplier market structure and optimisations.
- Benchmark Vivo Energy and JV costs and processes against others in the same market in order to identify opportunities for improvement and cost management.
- Work with JV supply chain teams to identify new sources and evaluate suppliers’ capabilities.
- Work with JV development teams and local OUs for development and Issuance of the tender documentation (Request for Information, Request for Proposal, Request for Quote); the receipt and analysis of offers from bidders.
- Identify new sources and evaluate suppliers’ capabilities.
- Develop the negotiation strategy; ensuring the JV leads the negotiation process with potential bidders.
- Maintain all the company records related to the procurement activity (Contracts Board Submission Documents, Contracts, Contracts logs, etc)
- Responsible to ensure compliance with policies and procedures in alignment with sourcing strategy; and that appropriate audit trails are embedded in procurement programs, for internal audit and performance management purposes.
- Report exceptions where business procurement activities are not followed e.g. splitting large payments into multiple small payments, Payment without Purchase Orders, etc.
- Provide Category Managers with information as requested and contribute in sourcing initiatives to drive measurable improvements in the areas of customer satisfaction, compliance and cost benefits.
- Drives continuous improvements of processes and procedures in collaboration with the Category managers and business departments involved.
- Support JVs in tracking supplier deliverables/metrics and monitor processes to manage supplier performance that are consistent with Vivo Energy objectives.
- Responsible for supplier relationship of key contractors whose operations are strategically important to the company, including business demand and portfolio management.
- Maintain supplier relationships focusing on superior quality, competitive price, and timely delivery.
- Work with suppliers to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
- Contributing to the periodic business reviews with key suppliers to ensure strategic priorities agreed at the outset are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional, internal teams and suppliers partners in order to facilitate the best communication practices, add value, and reduce costs.
- Provide guidance to JV executive teams and business partners to influence spend, cost savings and vendor rationalization.
- Ensure implementation of global contracts, compliance with terms and conditions when placing orders and users are informed and aware of all initiatives.
Ensure that contract reviews are undertaken and lessons learnt fed back into the commissioning and procurement process to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ascertain with Contract Holder support that issues of non-compliance or variation in contract are picked up early and either dealt with or appropriately escalated for resolution.
- Give a full support to the contract holders to manage properly the key contracts in all steps from initiating the start up to executing the close out and feedback.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Vivo Energy Kenya
Retail Partner Alliances Manager
Vivo Energy Kenya / Nairobi
Marketing Operations Manager
Vivo Energy Kenya / Nairobi
Product Manager - Existing Product Improvement (Hardware)
Nairobi / Sunculture
Product Manager - New Product Innovation
Nairobi / Sunculture
Nairobi / Tester
Nairobi / All Saints Cathedral - Nairobi
Kenya / Amplus International