Food Systems Summit (FSS) - Champions Engagement Lead, P4
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
n partnership with the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for the Summit, Dr. Agnes Kalibata, a first wave of recruitment was completed between February and May of 2020. The first wave focused on filling the leadership positions of the Secretariat, including a Deputy, a Chief of Staff, and all initially-envisioned unit leads across the organizational structure. Targeted recruitment was completed between the Special Envoy and RBAs in order to quickly identify and onboard individuals with essential capabilities and networks. The Secretariat and WFP also worked closely across the RBAs to draw on the opportunity for seconded positions from FAO, IFAD, and WFP as agreed between the Special Envoy and RBA Principals in the initiation of the Summit. As of the end of the start of June, 2020, the Secretariat has in place 10 individuals, inclusive of the Special Envoy.
The Secretariat has now prioritized a next wave of roles as the Summit work will quickly begin scaling up following the first meetings of the Advisory Committee and other support structures this month. The Secretariat and RBAs are mobilizing funds to the Trust Fund in parallel to these efforts, and so this next wave of roles would be expected to be brought onboard around September following the summer holidays as more funds are received and available. This Champions Engagement Lead, P4 based in Nairobi is part of this second wave of recruitments and is an essential position to insure the success of the Food Systems Summit.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the Summit refines and implements a strong strategy and process for engaging a multi-stakeholder Champions Network in support of the Summit.
- You will have primary accountability for stewarding the Champions Network as rolled out by the EOSG and the Special Envoy, which seeks to ensure the largest and most committed group of champions possible for food systems transformation from across the full breadth of the diverse constituencies (member states, private sector, UN agencies, civil society, producer organizations, etc…) and in all regions and countries of the world.
- You will help manage routine engagement with the Champions Network influencers and eminent persons to maximize the value of their contributions to the Summit.
- You will help recruit in new champions and build the network’s reach and influence.
- You will also contribute more broadly to the overall work of the Summit Secretariat to ensure effective coordination of the unit in all functions and key efforts of the Knowledge & Policy Unit, Global Engagement Unit, Private Sector Engagement Unit, Advocacy & Communications Unit, and Program Management Unit. You may help manage a small team of staff in the Secretariat over time to effectively deliver on the Unit’s mandate.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)