Food Systems Summit (FSS) - Partnerships Officer, P3
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
In partnership with the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for the Summit, Dr. Agnes Kalibata, a first wave of recruitment was completed between February and May of 2020. The first wave focused on filling the leadership positions of the Secretariat, including a Deputy, a Chief of Staff, and all initially-envisioned unit leads across the organizational structure. Targeted recruitment was completed between the Special Envoy and RBAs in order to quickly identify and onboard individuals with essential capabilities and networks. The Secretariat and WFP also worked closely across the RBAs to draw on the opportunity for seconded positions from FAO, IFAD, and WFP as agreed between the Special Envoy and RBA Principals in the initiation of the Summit. As of the end of the start of June, 2020, the Secretariat has in place 10 individuals, inclusive of the Special Envoy.
The Secretariat has now prioritized a next wave of roles as the Summit work will quickly begin scaling up following the first meetings of the Advisory Committee and other support structures this month. The Secretariat and RBAs are mobilizing funds to the Trust Fund in parallel to these efforts, and so this next wave of roles would be expected to be brought onboard around September following the summer holidays as more funds are received and available. This Partnerships Officer, P3 role based in Nairobi is part of this second wave of recruitments and is an essential position to insure the success of the Food Systems Summit.
- You will serve as a core member of the Private Sector Unit.
- You will work with the unit lead on all responsibilities of the unit to drive the Summit’s engagement with the private sector community to secure buy-in, a high level of ambition, resources, and commitments to action.
- You will support the implementation of the Summit’s strategy for private sector engagement across the full breadth of the diverse constituency (large companies, SMEs, entrepreneurs, farmers, etc…) and in all regions through the Summit’s preparatory processes and prioritized actions.
- You will help identify and secure partnerships and resources to advance the Summit’s work through direct and in-kind contributions, and routinely support engagements with a formal private sector group and finance group of champions.
- You will also contribute more broadly to the overall work of the Summit Secretariat to ensure effective coordination of the private sector unit in all functions and key efforts of the Knowledge & Policy Unit, Global Engagement Unit, Advocacy & Communications Unit, and Program Management Unit.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)