FRAUD CONTROL INTERN
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Jumia Travel is a hotel/flights booking website that provides travellers with the perfect place/flight they need at the best price from more than 25,000 hotels in Africa and more than 200,000 hotels around the world.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:=
Strong analytical skills=
Action and results oriented=
Strong inter-personal skills=
Resistant to stress=
Very independent with a strong ability to go further
than the expectations.Bachelors degree or Diploma in Business, Finance or Accounting Field.
• A unique education in launching and scaling new internet
concepts.• Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
working around the world.• An attractive salary package.
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our
longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future
Control Internships Responsibilities
- Handle and review potential fraud bookings in order to avoid
chargebacks (manual fraud review, gather information through research and
- Analyze completed transactions to determine if fraudulent activity
is present (transactions in 40+ countries).
- Report fraud trends to supervisors, review and analysis of
chargebacks received to improve process.
- Communicate and involve all relevant internal and external
stakeholders to respond to incident cases.
- Coordination with Customer Service teams to update status of
booking, coordination with Finance team to update status of payment.
- Direct link with Customer service teams to discuss how to inform
customers about services available and accessing customer needs.
- Communicates appropriate options for resolution in a timely manner.
- Limit potential loss exposure by placing holds in order to block
future fraudulent transactions.
- Maintains or exceeds established service level agreements and
guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize
potential revenue losses.
- Performs special projects in a timely manner, as requested.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 6 monthsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Reporting; Compliance; Business development; Business strategy; Financial analytics and forecasting; Financial law; Sales performance tracking and reporting; Project Financial Management; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)