In advancing the cause for a healthier Africa, AFENET seeks to fill the position of a French Editor who can deliver quality editing and translation (French to English and English to French) for a wide range of documents for the Journal (JIEPH).
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• A university degree in Communication, Literature, Medical or scientific discipline or Advanced Level Certificate of Education with translation/editing experience
• Experience in scientific writing or medical journal editing is an added advantage
• Previous experience in English to French technical translation added advantage
• Minimum of five years’ professional experience in interpretation and translation of text from English to French and French to English
• Excellent translation, editing and writing skills in French
• Experience working in diverse cultures and with multicultural groups
• Familiarity with public health terminologies and issues
• Ability to work within required deadlines and be available for comments and corrections.
1. Manuscript processing:
• Post submission quality control checks: Ensure submitted manuscripts follow the journal’s guidelines on formatting and format suitable manuscripts for review.
• Peer Review: share reviewer reports with authors
• Pre-publication processing (Copyediting): Ensure reviewed manuscripts are properly formatted, grammatically correct and that any inconsistencies are identified, captured, shared with supervisors, and reported to authors before the final publication.
• Post-publication processing: Ensure that the manuscripts published are error-free. Process final PDFs for final archiving and indexation to PubMed Central and African Journals Online (AJOL).
2. Support to authors:
• Provide timely assistance and feedback to authors as required.
• Identify, capture and report incidents and patterns as required.
• Perform other tasks as required.