Front Office Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 14 days left to apply for this job.
To initiate, attend and contribute to meetings as and whenrequired.
To be flexible and extend job duties, to carry out any otherreasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capacity as assigned,including redeployment to alternative department/areas if required, to meetbusiness demands and guest service needs.
- Ensure that all manuals and procedures within the departmentare always up to date and available
- Monitor quality of guest service and ensure positive experiencefor the guests in the hotel;
- Provide requires reports in a timely manner.
- Operate within the annual budget guidelines and maintain atight control of such.
- Maintains the necessary stock of supplies in all frontoffice of areas and controlling costs in these areas
- Work with Sales in planning of room requirements and assignments,price, location, allotment and rooming list etc.
- Assist rooms division management, forecasting room availabilityto ensure that the optimal level is achieved
- Supervise the room rates to achieve the highest availablerate and yield.
- Liaise with housekeeping department in the scheduling ofrooms for maintenance programs.
- Check that the needs of the guests are being satisfied, thattheir luggage is swiftly sent to their rooms and that they are checked-in in acourteous and efficient manner within 3 minutes, take corrective actions whennecessary
- Ensure that information about bookings, reservations,groups, VIP guests is always updated and available for Rooms Division (andother departments if required)
- Ensure that Guest History records are accurately maintained,and all recurring guests are pre-registered
- Handling requests for reservations information and roomrates are always correctly provided
- Ensure accurate invoicing to clients and swift payment andefficient check out of guest hotels
- Ensure proper handover of the “Cash-up” at end of duty andjustification of payments (cash and credit card), petty cash and othermiscellaneous vouchers
- Check that all telephone and message service provided areaccurate, swiftly and promptly delivered to the guests, at all times
- Review and approve all room move and room rates change
- Resolve rooms discrepancy report through inspection
- Develop and maintain a solid working relationship withcentral reservation officer, travel agents and tour operators
- Ensure lobby is impeccable and breathes a 4/5-star atmosphere.
- Monitor that all staff is dressed according to requirements,ensuring a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene take correctiveactions if required.
- Monitor that all staff approaches the clients in a pleasant,courteous and professional way, take corrective actions if required.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)