Fuzu Exclusive Job
Wema Centre | Mombasa, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
To provide assistance to the Programme Director in identifying donor resources and potential investors, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability as well as applications for funding short term projects.
Education and/or Experience:
a) A holder of a Bachelor’s degree in development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies,Economics or related field).
b) A thorough understanding of program design and development especially in the sectors of Education,Health, Livelihoods or Child Protection
c) He/she should have 2 - 3 years’ experience in planning, securing and managing funds (proposal writing) from institutional donors and local corporates.
d) Experience in social science research & report writing; the candidate should have good experience in conducting assessments, evaluations etc
e) Experience in working with target and deadlines
Decision making skills and the ability to exercise good judgment are required to successfully handle these responsibilities.The individual should be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, have “easy to engage” attitude, as well as strong organization, communication, and document coordination skills. The candidate should also be highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research.
i. Honest, duty conscious with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
ii. Works effectively with others in a team situation to achieve fundraising targets.
iii. Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to other team members and stakeholders
iv. Must be fluent inEnglish and Kiswahili.
v. Flexible, proactive and always willing to learn at any given opportunity
1. Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and corporate organizations offering donations)
2. Regularly monitor donor websites and identify investor opportunities matching the work or planned projects of the organization
3. Assist the Programme Director in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission
4. Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
5. Assist the Programme Director in developing business plans to generate income from various income generating sources within the organization.
6. Undertake online research and build contacts with local potential individual investors/donors and raise funds for the different projects of the organization.
7. Maintain relationships with existing investors/donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
8. In liaison with Communication & Networking Officer, Improve, update and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, posters etc.
9. Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
10. Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: MombasaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Reporting; Partnerships; Programme management; Fund management; Database administration; Research planning; Event managementRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply