Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, and with additional offices in Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, and the Democratic Republic of Congo, we employ over 25,000 staff to provide security products and services across East Africa.
KK Security Ltd provides manned guarding services, canine security, facilities management, cash management, global travel risk management and training to clients throughout East and Central Africa. In 2016, we were acquired by Garda World, the world’s largest privately owned security company. KK Security now forms an integral part of Garda World’s African network.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for ensuring KK’s vehicle fleet is managed and maintained in such a manner as to support operations in the most efficient way possible. The incumbent manages the coordination, administration and monitoring of maintenance, repair, replacement and logistics of the company vehicles.
Reports To: Finance Director, Kenya
Direct Reports: Fleet Coordinator, Senior Fleet Officer
Place of work/Travel: Nairobi, Kenya
Contact and Cooperation: Internally: Main Contact with Fleet Coordinator, Fleet Officers, Business Unit Heads of Departments, Country Finance Manager, Finance Director, EA MD
Externally: Fleet Repairs Vendors/ Insurance company, traffic Police/ External trainers
- Develop and manage the fleet budget (both expense and capital) by providing input relative to policy, costs and established metrics; develop and monitor budgetary and Capex controls for the fleet management;
- Work within the senior management team to develop Fleet strategy including technology & innovation, fleet purchase decisions, fleet structure;
- Manage all aspects of the vehicle repair and vehicle workshop activities, ensuring an adequate availability to the required standards.
- Direct the establishment and implementation of all fleet maintenance matters, ensuring effective and timely maintenance, servicing and repair of KK vehicles in order to minimize down time;
- Run and operate the Fleet P&L to align with the intended profitability of the company;
- Analyze maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement;
- Develop, implement and enforce fleet management policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process, and other procedures;
- Manage the fleet management systems and fleet databases to maintain accurate fleet assets register and fleet documentation;
- Audit the fleet control and maintenance databases for accuracy, integrity, security and reliability;
- Perform on-site inspections for fleet equipment activities, ensuring such is acquired, serviced, and disposed of in a time efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and implement long-range vehicle replacement plans ensuring the fleet maintains the highest assets residual value;
- Act as the technical lead for all fleet related matters and advise senior management on acquisition and disposal of vehicles;
- Compile fleet management reports for the CEO and Finance Director to supporting key strategies concerning the operating costs and outlay of the entire fleet in Kenya;
- Manage staff capacity and skill levels within the fleet management department to meet current and planned outputs; and
- Implement and monitor performance management programs and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching
- Ensure cost efficient fleet maintenance through direct liaison with service providers, suppliers, internal fitter activities and container workshops.
- Provide key support to the National Control Centre and the Mobile Response Teams ensuring vehicle serviceability and availability in line with operational requirements.
- Maintain adherence and compliance to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport)
- Support with accident/incident investigations through technical knowledge.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce fleet related costs.
Principal Outputs of this Role:
- Minimal downtime and zero exposure to accident liabilities through proper management of fleet maintenance schedules to ensure each vehicle is kept in top condition.
- Effectively utilization of staff, equipment and vehicles to provide seamless transportation as per set schedules
- Accurate fleet management reports including the P&L, fleet schedules, maintenance reports, fleet documentation database and staff reports
- Delivery of fleet operations cost with strategy budget keeping costs down and maximizing profits. v. Vehicle safety, hygiene and reliable skilled staff to deliver the transportation mandate Authority: Refer to KK Security Authority Matrix
- The Fleet Manager is accountable to the EA Finance Director for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
- Strong leadership skills with hands-on capability and management style.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers.
- A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, ardent team player, mature, reliable, hard working and able to work with remote supervision
- Have a high sense of diplomacy, accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability.
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business.
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills;
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity; and
- Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Automotive Engineering or Mechanical engineering
- Eight (8) years experience with at least 3 years at supervisory level in a busy set up operating a large fleet of vehicles
- Tech savvy with good IT skills
- Valid driver’s license and good knowledge of the traffic act
- Knowledge of current trends in fleet management operations and benchmark for best practices
- Proven hands on workshop operations experience to lead from the front
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 10 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
11 days left to apply
KK Security Company Limited
KK Security Ltd provides manned guarding services, canine security, facilities management, cash management, global travel risk management and training to clients throughout East and Central Africa. In 2016, we were acquired by GardaWorld, the world’s largest privately owned security company. KK Security now forms an integral part of GardaWorld’s African network.
Meet your new colleagues
11 days left to apply