Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
GBV Case Worker
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to GBV Case WorkerProgramme Operations Coordinator
Save the Children (Kenya)
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
The purpose of this post is to provide day to day management of prevention activities and other related activities in Rhino camp under the supervision of the GBV officer.
You will undertake all SGBV prevention and response related activities that may include among others; training, awareness raising, forums with opinion leaders and Focus group discussions etc. you work and liaise closely with GBV Officer, Lead case workers on documentation of program activities as per the donor requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
2. Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and Academic certificates by email clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ensure 100% of SGBV cases reported access Safety and security on case by case basis during the project period.
• Throughout the project period ensure that SGBV survivors are provided temporary shelter when further threats and risks are eminent
• Provide basic psycho social counseling to survivors on a case by case basis throughout the project period
• Deliver food and material assistance to SGBV survivors on a case by case basis throughout the project period
• Facilitate and document medical referrals and follow up, including provision of transport and accommodation where necessary during the project period
• Ensure linking of survivors for IGAs to Livelihood sector to reduce their vulnerability.Ensure 100% full Participation of community in SGBV prevention and response is enabled and sustained through the project period.
• Conduct SGBV awareness raising and meetings on bi-monthly basis in all 06 zones.
• Hold Bi-monthly meetings with SGBV Taskforce, watch groups, youth pyramid and Community Activists to assess progress and feedback on SGBV prevention and response.
• Support bi-monthly meetings with Community Activists (CAs) in the course of the project lifespan.
• Establish, train and support community peer educators
• Establish, train and support Male Action Groups (MAGs)
• Establish and support safe spaces for women and adolescent girls and boys within the settlements where they can share experiences, build support networks and relationships, strengthen their confidence and build their skills in income generating activities to empower them to have access and control of resources and reduce their vulnerability to GBV.
• Train SASA! Community Activists (CAs) in Rhino camp in the course of the project.
Ensure that advocacy is conducted for full participation of community in SGBV prevention and response during the project period.
• Facilitate community structures to participate in SGBV advocacy activities both locally and at district level.
• Actively engage in the commemoration of 16 days of activism and other international days on GBV as stipulated.
• Proactively contribute to quality and timely drafting of weekly, monthly reports
• Share daily updates on GBV incidents and risks in his/her area if assignment to the child protection assistant.
• Proactively contribute to activity, spending and movement planning
• Assure that funds allocated to activities are used adequately
• Assure that funds are used in accordance with all DRC / DDG finance procedures.
• On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
• Adhere to DRC’s code of conduct
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Patient care; Counseling; Data collection; Training delivery; Mentoring and coaching; Project implementation; Social sciences; Documentation and record keepingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)