Job verified by Fuzu
VSO Kenya | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Gender AdvisorSenior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Principal Coordination Officer
Associate Programme Management Officer
Project Assistant -Shelter (Social) Kyangwali (for Ugandan Nationals)
Norwegian Refugee Council
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
As an experienced professional, the Gender Advisor will ensure that Gender is embedded in VSOs core programme areas and signature programmes. Support the Lead Advisor – Social Inclusion to ensure Gender is understood as an element of a sustainable development system. The Gender advisor will also support the continued growth of expertise and contribute to the development and delivery of high quality programmes.
• Working closely with the Lead Advisor, provide leadership to VSO programming quality and learning in Gender and foster learning in others.
• Work closely with the Lead Advisor to implement social inclusion and gender analysis in VSO
• Support leadership in the promotion and generation and or use of quality internal and external evidence, practice and learning within VSO, particularly promoting knowledge, learning and innovation in Gender in the core programme areas and signature programmes.
• Disseminate knowledge and insights on Gender emerging from programmes throughout VSO especially into programme and policy, reporting, monitoring evaluation and research, advocacy and fundraising. Develop learning reports for strategic decision making, corporate planning, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy and reporting purposes.
• Support the development (and/or review) of core programme areas and signature programmes ensuring embedment of Gender
• support in the analysis of Gender data from monitoring and evaluation systems
Contribute to VSO’s thinking on Gender
• support the articulation and review of VSOs approach to Gender
• Support the development of high level indicators for the organisation on Gender
• Contribute to planning and review of strategic thematic objectives and quality measures for Gender
• Work with the lead advisor to ensure that gender principles and practices are assured across all functions within VSO
Support country offices to improve programme quality in Gender
• Provide support and advice to programmes to improve programme design and the quality of our Gender interventions
• Identify common programme challenges and address through systems responses across the organisation
• Develop a pool of Gender expertise (including RVs) that programmes can be accessed for tailored and specialist Gender programming advice.
External communication and influencing
• Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships to support our Gender related programme work
• Develop effective networks and strategic partnerships in Gender and development globally
• Represent VSO at conferences, workshops and task forces and or support programme actors participate as appropriate.
Team working and sustainable development approaches
Support the Lead Advisor – Social Inclusion to ensure Gender is understood as an element of a sustainable development system.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: External communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Partnerships; Quality management; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)