• You have a Bachelor/Master’s degree in Behavioral and Social Science, Gender, Development, international relations or related field
• You have 2+ years' work experience with corporate social responsibility, gender policies, implementation and advisory, gender economic empowerment.
• A demonstrated understanding of issues and challenges related to gender.
• Ability to work independently as well as with multiple stakeholders in a time-pressured environment.
• Cross cultural awareness and ability to work amongst a diverse group of staff, volunteer and partners
• Good understanding of developing training modules and facilitation.
• Experience in training on gender and economic empowerment.
• Monitoring and evaluation
• Private sector experience.
As a Gender Economic Empowerment Adviser you will:
• Support partners in developing knowledge products (definitions, guidance, tools, trainings, research, etc.) regarding gender-responsive strategies in the employment sector for private sector partners.
• Support the role of women within employment projects.
• Advise on how to integrate and embed gender within the private sector into program and policy.
• Monitoring the use and results of the framework implementation, with contextually appropriate indicators and measurement tools. And if necessary, provide further support and guidance in the use of the framework to support the development of robust evidence of gender economic empowerment.
• Support in capacity building of the private sector on gender issues and process for integrating gender institutionally to create decent work for women that meets their aspirations and provides them voice and agency.
• Support in updating and adopting gender equality mainstreaming policies and strategies within the private sector.
• Support the partner with the implementation of baseline assessments in company and action plan settings to improve gender equality.
• Facilitate training of trainers on gender framework, tools and guidelines for private sector companies.