Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Cornerstone Enterprises is a private investment company focused on early-stage venture
investments in Eastern Africa. Cornerstone currently has portfolio investments in 6-8 companies. Cornerstone looks for bright talent and ambitious teams who are building solutions to large and growing problems. We focus on engineering excellence and technical talent in the founding team. We look for solutions that can lead to positive social or environmental outcomes for Africa and our growing populations. We invest in people with the ability to execute
consistently, learn voraciously, and scale ambitiously. Cornerstone makes initial seed investments of $100k to $500K in companies operating in
Eastern Africa, and we have committed financial capacity to follow on in portfolio companies as they grow. Cornerstone is a commercial investor committed to taking a fair, nimble, and entrepreneur-friendly approach with our investments. We also intentionally prioritize the positive impact that our portfolio companies create, and we track these core impact metrics alongside
their commercial performance.
The role will initially revolve around supporting 4 key areas – these will develop over time:
- Overall Management of the Company – Reporting to the Board of Directors. You will be responsible for the day to day affairs of the company including reporting, accounts, statutory compliances. For this purpose, you will oversee the work of company employees and also external service providers.
Pipeline: You will become the first point of contact for potential investees. This will involve early review of company information, conversations with management teams, as well as tracking, management, and prioritization of the investment
Due Diligence: You will coordinate the due diligence process for companies in the advanced pipeline. This includes financial and legal review of the information received from potential investee companies, arranging site visits and market surveys as may be required. You will work closely with the Investment Committee to reach an informed investment
Fund Raising: You will lead the company’s fundraising activities and support the capital
structuring. This will include meeting and making presentations to potential institutional and/ or individual investors and arranging any roadshows and marketing events by the company.
Portfolio management: You will be responsible for maintaining contact with our portfolio companies post-investment. This will require active monitoring and support for portfolio
companies depending on their needs and will require a consultative and solution-oriented approach. You will also support in the preparation of commercial and impact reporting to the shareholders of Cornerstone.
- Communication: You will be responsible for keeping the members/ investors in Cornerstone advised on developments within the company as well as on the performance of the overall portfolio as well as individual companies.
Who You Are
- At least 7-10 years’ experience in senior managerial positions
- Positive, open team player who has loads of energy, and relishes a fast-moving environment with constant learning and lots of feedback
- Investment experience (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, or Investment Banking) and -Strong quantitative and analytical skills will be an added advantage
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Structured thinker confident sharing informed views and making difficult decisions
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
1 days left to apply
Cornerstone Enterprises Limited
Cornerstone was formed in 2011 as a private investment company registered in Nairobi, Kenya. Its shareholders currently consists of 33 shareholders. The shareholders are successful executives involved in the regions commercial, industrial, capital markets, Financial services,(including insurance, banking and private equity),energy services, hospitality, horticultural, legal, accounting and tax advisory sector of the regional economy. The shareholders are well placed in investment and business circles in the region and belong to many non-business networks including numerous cultural, religious, charitable, artistic, social and sports associations and clubs.
Meet your new colleagues
1 days left to apply