General Manager - Re-Advertisement
Kenya safari lodges and hotelsMombasa, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
The Board of Directors seeks to recruit a visionary, qualified, experienced and highly talentedprofessional to fill the position of General Manager of the CompanyReporting to the KSLH Board, the General Manager, will be the accounting officer and willexecute all managerial and administrative authority over the business operations of the entirecompany. S/he will provide strategic leadership by coordinating the activities of the variousfunctions of KSLH to achieve company goals and objectives.
- A University Degree in Hotel Management from a recognized Institution with a minimumof 10 years broad range of proven relevant experience, 5 years of which must be inmanaging operations of hotels and lodges at senior management level.
- A Diploma in Hospitality or Business Management and foreign language will be anadded advantage.
- Proven ability to develop business plans with excellent analytical and financial datainterpretation skills
- Self-confident professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Wideunderstanding of the hotel and tourism sector.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and computerized hotel accounting and reservation systems
- A transformative and visionary leader of unquestionable integrity with strong networking,motivation and team building skills.
The selected candidate will be required to submit the following clearance certificates
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Advise the Board on the formulation of KSLH corporate strategy and implementation of soundmarketing/sales plans, budget proposals, human resources practices, financial and operationalpolicies.
- Ensure effective and efficient coordination of operational systems and controls. Manage andreview the allocation of company resources to ensure that the highest quality of service andproduct standards are delivered and maintained
- Lead the senior management team in developing strategies, policies and procedures and theorganizational capacity to maximize overall revenues and profitability.
- Implement the organizational structure and ensure continuous review so that it is consistentwith the market trends.
- Ensure implementation of sound HR policies and practices to maximize the employees’potential and contributions.
- Sign Performance Targets ( PT) with senior management team. Direct and review PT workplans; monitor and evaluate key performance indicators to ensure achievement of desiredtargets and results.
- Ensure KSLH operations comply with the relevant regulatory and legislative framework.Oversee compliance with all professional, ethical, legal and statutory requirements in theconduct of company business.
- Provide proactive PR and relationship management within the network of local, regional andglobal business partners and stakeholders
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Kenya safari lodges and hotels has no other jobs
Operations Manager - SafeBoda Food
Kampala / SafeBoda
Global Lead, Youth
Nairobi / INTERNATIONAL PLANNED PARENTHOOD
Assistant Director, Supply Chain Management
Nairobi / Judicial Service Commision
Kampala / Glovo
Nakuru / Kenya Union of Savings and Credit Cooperatives Limited