Job verified by Fuzu
Summit Recruitment &Training | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- General management, leadership
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Our client, a leading Tour Operator in East and Southern Africa, is looking for a business driven and result oriented General Manager for its office in Nairobi. The successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Chairman and will be responsible for managing the overall company operations and the administration. A minimum of 10 year’s relevant work experience as a General Manager or Head of Sales & Marketing preferably in the tourism Industry is a MUST!
• Responsible for the realization of performance objectives assigned by the Executive
• Chairman. This will include objectives around sales performance, operational efficiencies and service standards.
• Managing effective reporting systems from each department.
• Proactively take decisions and solve possible problems related to customers.
• Involvement in the recruitment and selection of human resources.
• Collaborate with the Chairman in the preparation of the annual proposal for the reservations bed bank.
• Maintain frequent contact with suppliers for the sourcing of product for the bed bank and reservations for the rest of the services.
• Initiate and be involved in hotel price contracting and confirmation of required future allocations.
• Carry out research on new product and industry trends.
• Carry out research and enter into new source markets with approval from the Executive
• Chairman so as to improve the diverse spread of the travel load from source markets across the calendar year.
• Liaise with the Chairman on the formulation of the annual budget.
• Participation in marketing trips and representation of the Company in trade fairs.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: General management, leadershipSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Market research, intelligence; Budgeting, financial planning; Organize and manage recruitment campaigns; Business management; Talent management and planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply