General Trade Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of quality Body, Hair care and Baby care products with their headquarters in Uganda. As part of their strategy to expand and structure their rapidly growing business in Kenya, our client seeks to recruit a General Trade Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. This role will report directly to the Head of Sales.The successful candidate’s overall responsibilities will be;
- Achieving gross and net sales, distribution (numeric and weighted), gross to net, debts (days of sales outstanding debts), pricing, 5P targets, trade margins in the distributive trade
- Developing and effectively implementing the company’s product flow
and pricing ‘Go to Market’ strategy.
- Keeping the sales team and contracted partners (distributors, certain wholesalers) effectively trained, incented and motivated to deliver targets.
- Monitoring performance at a micro level, closing gaps early, exploiting opportunities and soliciting / providing feedback to sales team members and contracted partners
- Gathering and analyzing trade data, analytics and exploiting findings on-going
- Managing the cost of selling within targets.
The General Trade Manager is responsible and accountable for the following core job elements:
- Consistent achievement of trade coverage and distribution targets. Optimizing trade coverage, rep call effectiveness and efficiency to drive product distribution.
- Achieving gross sales, gross to net spending targets, monthly / quarterly and annual net sales targets
- Managing and enforcing distributor agreement terms and conditions.Negotiating annual ‘Joint Business plans’ KPIs, targets methodology of measuring. Monitoring, reporting and managing all distributor ‘Top to Top’ meetings. Advising management on performance and issues arising.
- Develop and achieve 3P (Mandated Product, Placement, Point of purchase materials) strategies and execution to achieve targets for each retail environment.
- Develop, manage all trade terms & conditions, growth activity and best practice. Manage trade credit as per policy, responsible for all trade debt compliance and all debt collections within target
- Ensure ‘right people; right jobs’, optimum resource and asset utilization to lower the cost of selling and ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure the sales team is fully able to implement the strategies and other direction effectively countrywide through instructions, training,coaching, evaluation and feedback
- Drive weighted and numeric distribution levels to target, manage best merchandising, seeding practice.
- Manage, exploit all data, analytics to ensure continuing deep understanding of and response to the top twenty key performance indicators for the businesses benefit.
- Maintain understanding of developments in the country and local trade at all levels, exploiting all the opportunities. Develop, maintain adequate business forecasts, demand plans and advise management
- Manage the excellent execution of trade, shopper and consumer promotions.
- Travel to meet customers and other commercial partners at least 70% of the time.
The position meets with functional managers from the following areas:
EDUCATIONAL AND COLLATERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Key Accounts Sales Manager, Marketing Manager – close collaboration is key.
- Supply Chain & Logistics, Plant and Manufacturing, Finance and Accounts, Legal and HR
- Sales people at all levels
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited University, at least seven years’ experience in progressively increasing sales responsibilities.
- Multinational company experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate a track record of sales target achievement, excellence in 3P execution, understanding of and good trade relationships. Outstanding shopper and consumer knowledge, negotiations skills.
- Outstanding strategic, analytical, numerate, creative skills and presentation talents.
- Good financial analysis skills, ability to effectively manage a basic profit and loss statement, awareness of supply chain and sales activity impacts on the cash flow statement.
- Ability and evidence of managing people with respect to promote a firm and caring attitude, teamwork and continuous improvements. Evidence of continuous learning and execution of new practices.
- Must be able to represent the business at all levels of interaction with trade partners responsibly.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Today left to apply