Job verified by Fuzu
Oxfam | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Global Director for People
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Human resources
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
Oxfam is an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) led by Oxfam International, and working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty, while its purpose is to create lasting solutions to the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam is currently implementing a new vision Oxfam 2020, that has necessitated a significant organizational change, transforming how our staff and volunteers devise, deliver and support programs within countries and regions. A huge component of this change has been a focus on increasing global balance and diversity and a shift of line management of country, regional and humanitarian programs to Oxfam international. This has seen the beginning of a truly globally balanced Confederation, with the new Global Headquarters now based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Lead the developmentand effective implementation of the Global HR strategic plan in line with Oxfam’s vision and mission, through this time of transformational change.
- Driveinnovationaround HR systems and processes.
- Provide Strategic HR Business Partnership for the Oxfam International Management Team (OIMT).
- Provide strategic vision and guidance for the Oxfam International Secretariat and ensurethat the Secretariat’sleadership and functions operate efficientlyand effectively.
- Provide support on safeguarding and align Oxfam’s culture with the core values including promoting gender equality and cherishing diversity.
- Lead on Human Resources for the Confederation including asHR functional lead for the Affiliate HR Directors
- Oversee confederation-wide integration of key HR systems, policies and processes and co-ordination of best practice HR across the confederation.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Human resourcesSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Labour/employment law; Human resource and personnel development; Organizational reforms and change management; Vision and strategy; Personnel administration (working hours, holidays); Leadership skills; Employee evaluations; Employee relations and consultationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply