God’s Hope Primary School Head Teacher
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Education department at God’s Hope Primary School. Reporting to the Country Director, the Head Teacher is responsible to implement and promote the mission and policies of God’s Hope Primary School. The Head Teacher is also responsible for the day-to-day management of the Education department, including teachers, non-teaching staff, coaches, and department heads within the departments. Along with the management of the education staff, the Head Teacher is to work with other departments to ensure the school day and its activities functions as scheduled.
- Sets an example of servant leadership: uses Biblical principles to resolve disputes, speaks to edify and encourage, and demonstrates faithful obedience to God’s laws.
- Recruit and hire all teaching staff. Train, orient, and supervise all teaching staff and assistants.
- Communicate with the Country Director regarding academic, curricular, behavioral, and personnel issues.
- Conduct regular faculty meetings.
- With Administration, ensures regular classroom observations.
- Ensures all faculty receive ongoing in-service training.
- Ensures that all teaching staff obtain and maintain proper certification.
- Make extracurricular assignments for teaching staff.
- Provides regular formal and informal evaluations for all teaching staff.
- With the Administration, create all curriculum needed for the school.
- With the Administration, monitor the implementation of the curriculum, researching and recommending improvements and changes, and documenting curriculum guides and any accreditation requirements.
- With fellow administrators, request all annual textbook and supply purchasing.
- Coordinate the administration of annual achievement testing.
- With the Administration, coordinate teachers and families in tailoring instructional interventions for any student with specific needs.
- Communicate regularly with families of students including listening to and addressing questions and concerns.
- Schedule regular academic events designed to bring parents and guardians to campus.
- Evaluate with Country Director and other leaders about admission screening and school records to determine the appropriateness of enrolling students. Sign off on all enrollment contracts.
- Establish and maintain high standards of student conduct.
- Coordinate the scheduling of various student activities (field trips, sporting events, campus volunteer visits).
- Monitor student progress (academic and character) of each student.
- Works with the Country Director to develop and coordinate student community service opportunities.
- With the Country Director, develops and implements all school disciplinary policies.
- With the Country Director, develop appropriate relationships with the local and national education officials.
- Represent God’s Hope Primary School at all appropriate functions.
- Work closely with the Curriculum development team to implement the Roots2Fruits primary curriculum at our school.
- Must be a committed Christian who is in full agreement with the Simone’s Kids Statement of Commitment.
- Professional and personal references must demonstrate the observed manifestation of Godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Must be committed to the mission of The Simone’s Kids and willing to make a long-term commitment to the job.
- Prefer a minimum of a master’s degree from a college or university in educational leadership, school administration, or curriculum/instruction.
- Must have experience in school administration and management of educational organizations/ people.
- If married, candidate’s marriage and parenting must demonstrate Christian character and maturity.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself