Royal Nairobi Golf Club (RNGC)Nairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 15 days left to apply for this job.
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a prestigious private members golf Club that provides world class golfing and recreational facilities. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Muchai drive off Ngong Road. RNGC has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and are committed to continual improvement. The ideal candidate is to be team players with the ability to effectively provide leadership in golf/captain’s office and add value to a wide range of professionals.
The main objective of this role is to provide a broad range of administration and operational support of the Golf Office.
• Excellent communication and record management skills.
• Tech savvy individual with excellent knowledge of Ms office (with emphasis on advanced excel skills).
• Analytical skills.
• Detail oriented.
• High levels of integrity.
• Sound time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Customer relationship skills.Academic & Professional Qualifications
• Diploma in Business Administration or any other related field.
• 3 years’ minimum experience in a commercial environment.
• Knowledge on golf rules and regulations.
• Golf administration experience will be an added advantage.
• Prepare Competition Draws upon closing of entries and share with members via emails, WhatsApp, and posting on relevant notice boards two days prior to competition day/date.
• Maintain a golf calendar for the entire year and a database of all sponsors including potential sponsors and ensure frequent communication by updating the Golf Committee on their status.
• Liaise with sponsors of all Club Competitions including clubnites, Saturday events and all other competition days by providing information with regards to starting times, prizes, prize-giving, promotional material bar & catering facilities in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and general etiquette and rules of the Club. The same applies for all Company/Corporate Golf Days, to include course-hire fee and maximum acceptable number of players and ensure the high standards of RNGC are maintained. This may also include the purchase and display of prizes.
• Ensure starters are provided for all Club Competitions whether members or club starters, and that they are provided with conditions of Play, and are suitably briefed, in conjunction with the Club Pro and the Captain. Update caddy masters and caddies committee with the details of the competition.
• Prepare, in advance the computer equipment for recording competition scores, for club competitions, Company/Corporate Golf Days, and assist with the card checking, entering of scores and production of the competition results.
• Implement and maintain the Golf Handicapping System for all members, by entering all cards submitted and or received from other clubs via the ‘away scores’ system on a daily basis.
• Produce on a monthly basis reports for handicap trends, comparisons and any other information necessary for the members of the match and handicap committee within the Golf Committee for review and adjustments to handicaps.
• Liaise with other Clubs with regard to reciprocal arrangements, inter-club and league matches, entries into Open competitions by Royal members and entries by members of other Clubs to open competitions held at RNGC.
• Maintain a good relationship with the Pro’s shop and staff, to ensure smooth running of Golf competitions. In addition update Pro shop of all and any communication handed down by the Board in regards to procedures and policies.
• Maintain a good cordial relationship with all members and provide friendly service.
• Carry out any other duties assigned by the Club Pro/Captain from time to time.
Golf Office Administration
• Organize and set up Golf committee monthly meetings including date, time, venue, agenda, taking of minutes. The same applies to any Golf subcommittee meeting as required by the Captain.
• Prepare a yearly Golf calendar highlighting and updating members with weekly events schedule and any other information relevant for the tournaments e.g. preparation of Competition Poster, Entry Sheets and Conditions of Play.
• Responsible for the Captain’s office affairs and ensuring members queries and needs are attended to at all times. In addition handle all correspondence relating to the Golf Office.
• Liase with the IT department to ensure that the Club’s public address system both at the main Club house, Lounge area and Terrace are functioning properly and to report promptly to the GM’s Office when repairs are needed.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Royal Nairobi Golf Club (RNGC) has no other jobs
Kampala / Uganda Heart Institute
Clerk Assistant III- County Assembly
Kiambu / County Government of Kiambu
Administrative Assistant- County Assembly
Kiambu / County Government of Kiambu
Senior Office Supervisor (Re Advertised)-Bunyangabu District Local Government
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Nairobi / Ministry of Defence