A diploma or degree in any field. However, an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in English or any field related to the English language is highly desirable. A complimentary certificate, diploma, or degree in Human Resource Management or a related field would also be beneficial, but it is not necessary.
Excellent grammar. The ability to write Standard English without syntactic or semantic errors is a crucial requirement.
The successful candidate must be conversant with formal writing styles, particularly academic writing styles. Crucially, the successful candidate must have excellent knowledge and experience writing academic papers in both the American Psychological Association (APA; 7th edition) and the Modern Language Association (MLA; 8th edition) styles. Advanced knowledge of APA (7th edition) formatting guidelines is especially vital.
Computer literate. Candidates must have experience using computers and the Internet. They should be conversant with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word 2016, Microsoft PowerPoint 2016, and Microsoft Excel 2016 applications.
Fast learner. Willingness and ability to learn and apply new ideas quickly is vital.
Proactive and self-motivated. We are not looking for someone we will supervise as they work; rather, we are interested in an individual who will work under minimal supervision; an individual with a passion for writing, in general, and academic writing, in particular; an individual we will not always tell what to do, but who will not only advise us on what needs to be done, but they will also do what needs to be done within a reasonable timeframe.
Straightforward and honest.
If you are interested in this position, please take the timed Grammar Expert test
whose link is provided below on Monday, October 5, 2020, at 1:00 PM East African Time (EAT). However, applicants are advised to register on our exam system immediately by following the registration link shown below, so they do not waste valuable time registering on the system once the test kicks off at 1:00 PM. Instead, they will follow the link for the timed Grammar Expert test
, log in, and start taking the test.Test Link
: https://test.sharkswebservices.com/candidate?exam=38Registration Link
Please take note of the following:
- The interval of time between 1:00 and 2:45 PM EAT on Monday, October 5, 2020, will be the exam period. The test will only be accessible during the exam period. You can start taking the test any time within the exam period, but you must submit the test within 1 hour and 40 minutes and before 2:45 PM EAT (both conditions must be met). The system will allow you to submit the test late, but we will not evaluate late submissions.
- You must follow the test link provided above to access the test during the exam period. You cannot access the test by directly logging into the exam system.
- All applications for this position must begin by taking the test. Applicants must not apply through other means, for instance, by sending application emails to [email protected]
- Applicants must not register on the exam system multiple times (even when applying for more than one position) or supply false information during registration.
- If you encounter any challenges with our test system, please email us at [email protected] (this email address is manned by the technical team, whose only role is to help with technical issues; they may not respond to HR queries).
- Although applicants can use a mobile phone device to take the test, we recommend using a desktop computer (PC) for an enhanced view.
- If you do not meet the requirements stipulated above, please do not apply.
- We always endeavor to contact all candidates who attempt our HR tests. However, when the volume of applications is overwhelming, we only contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us two months after taking the test, consider your application unsuccessful.