Job verified by Fuzu
The Somalia NGO Consortium | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Grants and Budgets Manager
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Grants and Budgets ManagerFinance and Strategy Manager
Sub Grants and Contracts Senior Finance Officer
Sub Grants and Contracts Manager
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
This position will provide high level grant and budget management for the IRC Somalia Grants Unit. The IRC Somalia Grants Unit acts as the formal coordination point between IRC departments, including programs, operations, finance and global headquarters. Within this Grant Unit, the Grants and Budgets Manager will primarily oversee the budget management of the IRC Somalia portfolio and support the Grants Coordinator with program cycle management.This includes leading standard grant specific meetings, reporting, and budget monitoring, as well as, implementing partner communications. Organization, flexibility, leadership and initiative are all key attributes to this position as it often involves independently solving unique issues as they occur while managing competing deadlines.
• Work closely with the finance team to maintain, update and develop budgeting and expenditureplanning tools to ensure efficient planning and spending
• Monitor the program budgets and expenditure in the IRC BVA system
• Assist in realignment exercises as needed
• Conduct review of budgeting and actual expenditures and develop guidelines to better estimateexpenditures during budgeting
• Consolidating budget inputs and linking to the donor format for onward review by the GrantsCoordinator, Finance Controller and Regional Finance Controller
Program Cycle Management:
• Manage donor reporting program cycle management schedules, and lead all program cyclemanagement meeting including Grant Opening/Closing meetings, Budget v. Actual meetings, etc.and conduct follow up
• Support the Grants Coordinator to develop, roll out and maintain program tracking tools to ensureall sector indicators report monthly progress, and identify and share gaps with project coordinators
• Monitor grant-specific spending by budget holder
• Create grants management documents for new grants
• Create and manage M&E schedule and compliance overview for each grant
• Lead reporting process, coordinating with in-country staff for updates and HQ for approvals beforesubmission to the donor.
• Ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate(quarterly, interim or final reports)
• Support the coordination of proposal development, working with program staff and ensuring properreview at the HQ level, gathering input from technical coordinators, technical advisors, Research,Monitoring and Evaluation manager, and the Regional Unit.
• Review budgets, write budget narratives, edit proposals, and ensure proper proposal and grantmanagement procedures are followed.
• Liaise with NY and UK grant units in order to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply IRC
Program Framework principles and are donor compliant
• Participate in all internal program strategy meetings with senior management team
• Support the realization of key grants-related milestones and activities within the Somalia StrategicAction Plan
• Ensure that grants are implemented in compliance with IRC and relevant donor regulations
• Maintain and update all hard- and soft-copy grant files related to proposals.
• Ensure that partnership and sub-grant related administrative processes and procedures areconsistently implemented throughout the program, including pre-award compliance checks,agreements, and disbursements and reporting.
Training and capacity building:
• Create staff training curriculums and presentations for reporting, BvAs and compliance
• Offer training and capacity building to all IRC and local partners staff on program reporting andIRC program specific documents
• Ensure that all staff are aware of and integrate the IRC outcomes and evidence framework into allprograms
• Keep informed on monitoring and evaluation techniques and support tools which can be sharedwith program staff.
• Act as point of contact for New York and UK offices, ensuring HQ staff are kept abreast ofimportant issues affecting the country program’s portfolio.
• Additional responsibilities as needed
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; Grant and fund management; Accounting; Compliance; Programme management; Financial reporting; Training program planning; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)