Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Grants and Partnership Officer- Uganda
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The Grants and Partnership Officer (GPO) will participate in donor and internal reporting, grants information management and grants management capacity-building efforts for Uganda. The GPO is responsible for supporting various partnership initiatives in general, with a primary focus on funding although his/her tasks also include, as second priorities, in the areas of parallel funding, advisory services, and capacity building in resource mobilization and utilization. Provide assistance to program team members and partners, in collaboration with the team, in initiating and enhancing partnership relationships with key partners under the UNHCR funding. Supports specific projects in all the phases of the partnering process: proposal writing, negotiation with partners, budget preparation and review of specific donor agreements in collaboration with the Grants Manager; Supports program staff and partners in reviewing specific information documents, analyses and partnering; Plans and coordinates the training for partners on issues related to resource utilization and mobilization. Under the supervision of the Grants Manager develops, monitors, manages, and evaluates the partners in partnerships.
Partnership Project Development and Management
- Supports the development of MoU and other agreements with the partners;
- With respect to potential donor partners for specific projects, identifies, undertakes briefings, tracks activities and pursues opportunities;
- Support the development of partnership strategies and provide advice to DRC’s partners on funding opportunities;
- Helps in the preparation of the budget (particularly with respect to cost-recovery);
- Supports the monitoring and administration of the project and relationship management.
- Plans and coordinates the training of partner staff on issues related to resource mobilization.
- Assesses proposals, including conceptual, operational, evaluative, and financial aspects as well as identifying and supporting the proposal development;
- Supports the update of donor portfolio and donor funding strategies, including relevant communication materials, for the partners and DRC staff;
- Manages, in consultation with the Grants Manager, analysis of partner financial statements, adjustment of budgets, schedules and project closure meetings;
- Provides technical supervision, including analysis of reports, participation in workshops;
- Reviews the partner’s final reports of results, revisions and/or additional requirements and reports;
- Collaborates with colleagues in the country program in the identification and evaluation of emerging and key development trends and priorities among partners.
- Follow up with partners to receive monthly, quarterly and interim reports within the stipulated timelines;
- Review the monthly reports against the programs logical framework and consolidate them for submission;
- Highlight and raise concerns in regard to achievement of milestones and issues raised by implementing partners;
- Ensure that reports are submitted on time and are coherent and accurately written (monthly, quarterly, interim and/or final report);
- Ensure compliance with DRC’s internal grants management requirements, with support from Uganda Grants Manager in development of reports ensuring integration of information and recommendations delivered by the previous programs including from minutes of donors meetings, evaluation reports and audits.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Grant and fund management; Reporting; Partnerships; Financial reportingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply