Group Financial Controller
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Group Financial Controller, Reporting to the CEO
We are searching for a stellar Group Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management for Sokowatch, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, and budget forecasts. The role will also lead the development of internal control policies and financial risk mitigation.
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya with regional travel.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment.
- Regional experience added bonus
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support monthly, quarterly, and yearly close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local and national government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide in-depth guidance and training on theory and application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)