Job verified by Fuzu
International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head, Environmental Health Theme
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Research, academy
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
The overall purpose of the job is to lead the Environmental Health Theme. Reporting to the Director of Research and Partnerships the successful applicant will be part of a multidisciplinary team providing leadership and research strategy to the Centre in collaboration with ICIPE’s other Themes and Units. It is expected that the successful candidate will maintain a portfolio of research that is aligned with ICIPE’s strategy and goals.
• Work in collaboration with the ICIPE leadership team, including the Director General, Director of Research
• Partnerships (DRP), as well as Heads of Themes and Units, to facilitate research and capacity building activities across the Centre
• Promote and establish collaborative linkages with national, regional, and international institutions in the relevant fields of the Theme.
• Seek and secure external support for the activities of the Theme, including resources to develop and grow a personal research portfolio.
• Manage and develop the staff of the Theme to create and foster a culture of science excellence, and ensure the Theme has the human resources required now and into the future.
• Ensure the Theme meets its legal and reporting responsibilities to all stakeholders, including national licensing authorities and donors
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Research, academySeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Operative management; Partnerships; Research and development; Research planning; Research publication; Team leadershipRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply