Head of Accounting
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 15 days left to apply for this job.
As the head of Accounting of Jumia Uganda you will work directly with the Jumia Group CFO, and the founding team in Uganda which you support in interdisciplinary issues such as controlling and accounting.
The position entails responsibility of all finance related requirements for legal entities in Uganda - this would involve the following;
Background and Skills
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, payroll, bank reconciliation and tax filings.
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of the budgets, financial reports and analyses and supporting the analysis of financial results to the executive leadership team and Partner group.
- Ensure compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements.
- Supporting the evaluation of cash flow projections.
- Developing country/product specific policies and procedures to improve overall operation/effectiveness.
- Degree in Accounting and local accounting qualification.
- Min 7 years’ experience in audit or as an accountant (Experience with basic accounting systems (ideally Nav), monthly group reporting and managing local tax compliance.)
- Leadership skills – ability to manage a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments.
- Hands-on attitude. E-commerce is 50% operations, so you must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate
- the official certificate for your highest education