Job verified by Fuzu
Agra Foundation | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of African Green Revolution Forum (Agrf)
- Post-graduate education
- General management, leadership
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Head of African Green Revolution Forum (Agrf)Manager Industrial Training/Centre Manager
The National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
Regional Coordinator-East & Southern Africa
World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
Business Halls Operations Manager
Brites Management Services Limited
Summit Recruitment &Training
Jobs in General management, leadershipSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The Head of the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) hold primary responsibility for managing the Forum and ensuring it continues to strengthen and deliver as the premier continental forum. S/he provides strategic, programmatic, execution, and logistical leadership for the Forum and its workings throughout the year in order to deliver on its multi-year strategic vision. In particular, s/he is responsible for cultivating the strategic vision of the AGRF as the platform of platforms to advance Africa’s agricultural transformation agenda and the necessary political, policy, and financing commitments required to grow food, jobs, and economies. S/he plays a leading role in building and managing programmatic partnerships with the AGRF Partners and other stakeholders to maximize their engagement in the forum and with AGRA more broadly.
S/he is responsible for identifying and managing the relevant resource-persons to execute and follow up on the annual forum, as well as other thematic working groups and dialogues throughout the year. S/he is also responsible for ongoing knowledge management, communications, and resource mobilization around the platform to ensure it maximizes its impact and is fully funded, working in coordination with AGRA’s Communications and Resource Mobilization units.
The Head of AGRF projects a professional persona consistent with the values of AGRA and will serve as a core member of AGRA’s Management Team. S/he will be responsible for the daily oversight of the AGRF Executive Officer, 1-2 temporary staff to support administration, and the outsourced AGRF events manager and other suppliers.
AGRF Annual Work Plan and Medium-term Strategy
• Developing the annual AGRF Work Plan – prepared in Q4 of each year – as needed in partnership with the AGRF Secretariat and stakeholders;
• Monitoring progress on the Work Plan weekly to provide updates and critical actions to appropriate stakeholders;
• Supporting the AGRA Strategy, Policy & Advocacy, and Partnerships team in the development of an AGRF Medium-term strategy as required;
• Running a process to solicit and determine future host countries and themes each year in partnership with AGRA management and the AGRF partners;
• Producing materials for AGRF Partners meetings;
• Producing the AGRF Annual Report in collaboration with AGRA’s Communications and Resource Mobilization units.
Effective and efficient development and execution of a world class annual AGRF forum
• Working with the AGRA team and AGRF Partners Group to identify interests and information needs of AGRF’s target stakeholder groups for the purposes of designing the best AGRF, anchored in cutting edge knowledge, lessons, and partnerships;
• Coordinating the production of an AGRF thematic paper and associated branding and marketing materials, in partnership with AGRA’s Communications team and agency support;
• Working with the AGRF Secretariat and the AGRF Partners to ensure effective venue design and room allocation;
• Coordinating the design and maintenance of the AGRF website and other communication platforms as required, in partnership with AGRA’s Communications team and agency support;
• Marketing the AGRF to a range of potential speakers and sponsors in a bid to attract high level attendance;
• Driving the process of invitations to all VIPs and speakers;
• Working with the AGRF Secretariat to design the AGRF program and begin solicitation of related side events.
Support advancement of Thematic Working Groups
• Coordinating the ongoing development and cultivation of AGRF’s six thematic working groups and communities of practice to discuss critical issues relating to AGRF’s mandate via a range of convening/ discussion fora, virtual dialogues and events to outline key advocacy messages and influence key policy makers and other constituents. This shall include facilitating the development of the respective strategies for each of the Thematic Working Groups (TWG) ensuring that the strategies are linking to the theme und objectives of AGRF 2018.
Manage AGRF budget and resource mobilization
• Preparing and managing the AGRF budget effectively and efficiently;
• Working with procurement to negotiate suppliers as required;
• Preparing a sponsor form letter with the Resource Mobilization unit to use in approaching potential annual sponsors for the Forum in February;
• Overseeing the outreach and follow up with sponsors along with AGRA’s Resource Mobilization team, providing monthly updates to the AGRA Steering Committee and AGRF Partners.
Set up of 2018 AGRF Local Organizing Committee and Service Providers
• Working with AGRA’s Legal team to develop an MoU for engagement with the Host Government (building on previous year templates) and set up of the Local Organizing Committee;
• Taking responsibility for pulling together agendas, pre-reads, and notes within the AGRF Secretariat to ensure success meetings with the Local Organizing Committee every 4-8 weeks as ultimately agreed with the host government;
• Engaging with other resource-persons procured by AGRA to provide technical and logistical support to the Forum.
Continued growth of AGRF as a knowledge and communications platform over time
• Strengthening the AGRF website as a knowledge and communications platform;
• Cultivating and disseminating knowledge around AGRF topics through various communications channels.
• Serving as the focal point for coordination of the AGRF Secretariat, along with management of the AGRF Executive Officer and 1-2 temporary staff;
• Act as the Secretary to the AGRF Partners Group by convening, preparing agendas and pre-reads, and ensuring meetings are documented and decisions acted upon.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: General management, leadershipSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Budgeting, financial planning; Business strategy; Supplier evaluation and management; MarketingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)