Job verified by Fuzu
Optiven Limited | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of Agri-Business
- Bachelor's degree
- Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlife
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Head of Agri-BusinessResearch Officer - Lab (Tissue Culture)
Agriculture Development Corporation
Processing Design Associate
Farmer Design Associate
Jobs in Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlifeMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
We seek to hire an experienced Agri-Business professional to set up, develop agribusiness and source market for produce.
1. Bachelor’s degree in either Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Marketing or Business Administration or a related filed.
2. Over 4 years proven working experience in agri-business development. I.e. in set up of greenhouses from onset to selling produce a MUST.
3. Proper understanding of agribusiness and Good agriculture practices (GAP)
4. Understanding of compliance issues.
5. Ability to penetrate the markets.
6. .Experience in small to medium scale agro-enterprise management.
7. Strong communication, presentation and report writing, negotiation, and administration skills
8. Should be a person of high integrity
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above are required to send their applications via email with “Head of Agri-Business” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Set up and manage a number of greenhouses, improving their capacity to hold sustainable agri-based economic opportunities, understand and implement a demand-driven, commercialization approach to rural development based on access to markets.
2. Coordinate all Agribusiness activities, monitor and advise Management on the best option to improve Agribusiness in the site.
3. Plan and execute the best strategies in formulation of Agribusiness products that will attract customers in the market.
4. Review and implement Agribusiness department strategy to ensure objectives are achieved through implementing measures to enhance performance.
5. Identify and assist in coordinating relevant workshops in agricultural marketing issues for project staff and project beneficiaries.
6. Coordinate budget objectives of the department to ensure targets are achieved as per the recommended plans.
7. Prepare departmental budget and projections for growth in line with set targets.
8. Negotiate terms with customers in line with Return on Investment, develop and enhance customer relationships.
9. Plan on marketing the produce and ensure maximized returns and keep good public relations with customers.
10. Any other responsibility assigned to him or her from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlifeSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Business development; Business strategy; Customer relations; Agriculture and natural resources; MarketingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)