Fuzu Exclusive Job
UNAITAS SACCO | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of Business Operations
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Manager Finance & Strategy, the incumbent will be responsible to provide leadership to and oversee the operations team to direct on cash management, clearing, alternate channels and customer support.
He/she will also be responsible to coordinate business and user support departments
Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or related field
Professional qualifications in CPA, AKIB
A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in Bank/Sacco operations, 5 at Managerial level.
Working knowledge of core banking and clearing systems.
Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external) and other stakeholders.
Excellent leadership capacity including possession of strategic development, monitoring, execution and reporting skills.
Experience in cultivating business relationships and managing multiple priorities as a manager or unit head.
Demonstrate leadership skills and impeccable integrity
1. 1. Leading the development and implementation of overall strategy for operations department and Provide necessary support in execution of the Sacco’s expansion strategy
2. Continuous process improvement to promote efficiency and standardization across the organization while supporting the day to day operational functions, ensuring processing, balancing and dispatch of daily clearing items.
3. Ensure the Sacco’s operations quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed internal policies, procedures and standards.
4. Responsible for budgeting and planning for the operations department, and contributing to profitability by ensuring prudent cost management and waste reduction measures across the organization, ensuring no income leakage.
5. Monitor agency arrangements, reconciliations and settlement of claims and commissions relating to all channels.
6. Working closely with relevant Head Office departments to ensure effective administrative support to all the branches including resolving premises and other business as usual operations and service issues arising from time to time.
7. Facilitate obtaining and renewing of service contracts, operating licenses from various regulatory authorities for the Sacco and the branches.
8. Manage and mitigate operational and business risks.Ensure proper due diligence on KYC is conducted on all customer accounts.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Business strategy; Operative management; Cash management; CPA certification; Fraud risk assessment and management; Bank management; Customer support, CRM systemsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply