Fuzu Exclusive Job
JUMIA KENYA | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of Category Management,Kenya
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Business, strategic management
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses
to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.You will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience
thanks to the right assortment, a perfect online ergonomics, the best
prices and the most innovative merchandising campaigns. Taking the lead
on the categories' strategic orientation,
you will have to bring an exceptional growth for the sales volume, the
margin and the conversion rate.A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Strong commercial skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
Overall, we expect a true leader.Expected background and technical skills:
- Experience over 5 years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
As the Head of Category at Jumia, you will be accountable for the most important of Jumia KPIs: growth and profitability. This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia Group is investing the most to grow the pool of talent. We expect the best performers to be the next wave of CCOs, MDs, Category Directors across the group.
You will focus on one or several categories, managing c-levels end-to-end relationship for our top brands and vendors. From the very essence of commercial, to operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction.
This position justifies a high exposure to Managing Directors, CCO up to Jumia CEOs
- Managing a team of Category Managers
- Delivering growth on your categories, leveraging on the power of the marketplace,bringing direction, feedback and support to the commercial team.
- Ensuring Jumia always has for the customer, the right products at the best price,
at the right placement.
- Being within our teams, an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentlessmissionary of Jumia's strategic commercial orientation.
- Understandingall your market segments, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the
performance of your categories, leading to action oriented recommendations.
- Owning the merchandising of our website, optimizing the placement of our products to deliver on every levels of Jumia's strategy to increase conversion
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite,
Operations...), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring
laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management
initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Business, strategic managementSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Negotiation; Market research, intelligence; Presentation skills; Reporting; Account management; Business development; Business intelligence; Sales performance tracking and reporting; Sales strategy; Spreadsheet preparation and editing (Microsoft Excel)Required languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, French (Spoken: fluent | Written: basic)
Click to apply