Job verified by Fuzu
International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of Communications
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Media, communications, languages
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
ICIPE wishes to recruit a suitable person to fill the position of HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS in the Office of the Director General.
This role is a chance to help shape the communications agenda of an international organisation. In collaboration with the management team, the successful candidate will design and implement a Centre-wide communications strategy, boosting the visibility of the Centre to its international donors, and sharing the results of its research widely.
1. Provide leadership and coordination for all communication activities of the Centre to enhance icipe’s visibility and credibility as a centre of excellence by supporting the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy to raise the profile of icipe’s corporate brand, programmes, projects and individual researchers (as well as coach research and support staff on the implementation of the communications strategy).
2. Strengthen and diversify icipe’s communications products by reviewing the adequacy of icipe’s current communication materials, and recommending improvements.
3. Oversee the design and production of icipe’s various publications, including press releases, corporate reports, brochures, training materials, newsletters, social media posts, and the website.
4. Provide communication/information advice and assistance to icipe teams, helping them to meet their visibility obligations to donors and partners, either by doing the work required or by contracting the work to consultants.
5. Share icipe’s work in local and international media, meeting our obligations to donors, collaborating with partners and stakeholders, and bringing the results of our research to those who might benefit from it.
6. Ensure effective and appealing internal communication on icipe business, relevant topics, strategies and management decisions through internal bulletins, intranet and meetings, and help to organise workshops, seminars, exhibitions and employee functions in liaison with the management team.
7. Ensure crisis communication preparedness, and communication procedures are known and respected.
8. Establish and manage an annual budget for communication functions in a responsible and cost effective manner.
9. Be accountable for all communication activities of the Centre, including advocacy and liaison activities with organisations with similar interests, locally and internationally.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Media, communications, languagesSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Internal communication; Public Relations; Press relations; Communication; Advertising; Corporate communicationsRequired languages:
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply