Job verified by Fuzu
Equity Bank Kenya | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of Derivatives Sales
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Sales, marketing, promotion
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
• Graduate degree from a well-recognized University with a Bias to a Business related field or Marketing
• Expert knowledge; exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
• Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking
Key Critical Competencies
• High level negotiation to get new and additional business
• Preparation of various reports including customized client proposals according to the client’s need
• Coordination with various key departments for delivery of seamless service to clients
• Competitor and Industry analysis - actively review and monitor competitor product offerings and monitor industry trends
• Building the banks treasury derivative sales capabilities in all the subsidiaries
• Designing policies to guide the operations and establishment of a Treasury derivative sales desk.
• Writing the appropriate board approval papers and credit limit approval papers needed for authorization to undertake derivative trades.
• Identifying end engaging clients on uptake of treasury derivative products.
• Liaising with the Treasury Sales and Corporate banking relationship managers in identifying and selling derivative products to clients.
• Ensuring that the synergy between the FX sales traders, FX interbank traders is achieved when selling derivative products.
• Ensuring that the target budget for derivative sales is achieved and surpassed every year.
• Liaising with legal department, finance, and treasury operations e.t.c, to ensure that the derivative trades are appropriately booked.
• Ensuring that client appropriateness before selling derivatives is assessed.
• Ensuring that all the legal documentation protecting the bank’s interest is signed by the clients before engaging in derivative trades.
• Ensuring that there is appropriate supervision of the derivative sales trader.
• Ensuring that the derivative sales unit has the appropriate systems and technology to undertake its functions.
• Liaising with compliance, market risk and credit risk departments to ensure that the bank does not miss-sale derivative products to clients.
• Providing leadership and a differentiated thinking in making sure that the bank takes a leadership position in derivative sales in the Africa region.
• Developing banking partnerships with large offshore banks which will enable the bank offset any derivative positions.
• Ensuring the bank does not run any derivative positions in its balance sheet and that all derivative trades are done on a back-to-back basis with other banks.
• Reporting any issues in the derivatives sales unit to the Group Director of Treasury
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Sales, marketing, promotionSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Compliance; Credit handling; Customer service; Risk analysis; Direct sales; Sales performance tracking and reporting; Sales strategyRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply