Head of Digital Product
Fenix InternationalKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
The Head of Digital Product leads our Digital Product and internal software support team, setting the strategy for all internal Software and Data products that support the business with a focus on performance, user experience and operational efficiencies.
EEAs digital product consists of an extensive in-house developed cloud based platform and an ecosystem of mobile applications which are optimized for use under the conditions in Sub-Saharan Africa. This solution is used internally for our own on-the ground operations but also externally for our B2B partners on a Software as a Service basis.
A key aspect of the role is managing all key business and executive stakeholders across 9 markets, the external Software as a Service customers input and within the central team, the Head is one of the final points of escalation for any digital strategy decisions across a large number of projects. They are responsible for direct line management of the digital product team and training/support team; they must provide direction, advise and accountability. The leader of this team must have experience in and be able to advocate for innovation, inclusivity and smart investments across the business and the wider technology sector, particularly in East Africa. They should be passionate about building the technology sector in Africa and making informed decisions to optimize for impact.
Required Skills & Experience
• Passion for technology and its potential for creating positive impact on people’s day to day lives
• 5+ years of experience developing and launching digital products
• 8 - 10 years of relevant experience
• Leadership and project management experience (Agile software development practices strongly preferred)
• Experience in administration of web applications / strong technical acumen
• Experience using issue tracking and collaboration software, e.g. JIRA, Confluence
• Willingness to be flexible and do whatever task is needed to get the right product shipped
• Ability to maintain big-picture vision while being detail-oriented
• Outstanding written and verbal communications with the ability to translate between technical and non-technical teams
• High competency in Microsoft Office products
1. Mentor and support the Digital Product and Support/Training teams.
2. Manage business and executive stakeholders across all markets and departments for all digital products and projects.
3. Take responsibility and bring accountability for Software and Data product strategy, planning, development roadmaps, product management process and external partnership opportunities
4. Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments in the industry from a product point of view. Monitor availabilities and developments of third party off-the shelf solutions to provide the factual for make or buy decisions.
5. Foster a culture of innovation, self-organization and prioritize business impact among the Software and Data teams.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Fenix International
Sales Agent (Commission based)
Fenix International / Kampala
Fenix International / Kampala
Fenix International / Nairobi
Software Engineer- Full Stack, Mobile
Nairobi / Sunculture
Data Scientist - Manager
Kiambu / Burn
Nairobi / Fintech Limited
Technology for Development Quality Lead
Uganda / Save the Children (Uganda)
Head of IT Operations
Uganda / Opportunity Bank Uganda