Head of Finance
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa.
We are currently seeking a mission driven candidate to serve as the Head of Finance to lead our Finance department.
The Employee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Do and oversee day-to-day bookkeeping and finance function for the BURN group of companies and ensure that the books are up to date and correct.
- Lead the finance team and ensure that all work is being completed in a timely manner.
- Manage the month, quarter and year end processes and ensure all tasks, including consolidations, are carried out and reports ready by agreed timelines.
- Audit preparations for all BURN companies and liaise with the auditors.
- Oversee VAT calculations and returns for each month and make sure the returns are filed.
- Oversee tax calculations and returns for all BURN entities and make sure the returns are filed.
- Liaise with relevant tax authorities on any tax related issues.
- Cash Management liaise with all banks and sort out any issues that arise.
- Participate in banking and other negotiations with the CFO.
- Arrange credit facilities with suppliers.
- Support HR on payroll.
- Prepare sales commissions.
- Help prepare grant reports and documentation
- Perform any other finance related task requested by management
- Formal accounting qualification such as a degree in finance/accounting (CPAK/ACCA)
- Minimum 5 years Finance and accounting experience whereby minimum 2 years leading teams
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS)
- Strong skills in financial reporting
- Experience working with standard accounting systems such as QuickBooks
- Experience with ERP preferably Microsoft NAV
- Excellent skills in Excel
- Strong knowledge on Kenyan taxes
- Practical experience in international multi entity consolidation
- Ability to be exceptionally organized and be proficient at multi-tasking
- Excellent problem finding and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Salary range: Confidential
State your current and expected salary in the application