Head of Fraud Risk Management
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 16 days left to apply for this job.
I&M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit competent and highly motivated individuals with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
The role holder will be responsible for leading and managing a team of investigators within the Bank and offering support to the Fraud & Investigations teams at the Subsidiaries. He/ She shall be responsible for the design and implementation of Fraud Risk Management program across the Group. This includes developing, implementing and maintaining the necessary policies, procedures, controls and training required to assist the bank in preventing, monitoring, detecting, investigating and reporting on fraud and misconduct related matters.
The Incumbent will report to the Group Chief Risk Officer and will be responsible for:
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Developing and executing Fraud Risk Management Framework and strategy.
- Developing policies and procedures to prevent and detect fraud activities within the Group
- Working with relevant stakeholders e.g. Insurance companies, Legal Team etc. to recover any monies lost through fraud.
- Identifying the weakness in the internal control environment and recommending enhancements
- Responsible for the overall coordination of the fraud risk management program (strategy/policy development, analytics, fraud risk assessments, Investigations, collaboration with Business units in implementation of internal control programs)
- Providing subject matter expertise on Fraud Risk Management, drawing on financial intelligence and law enforcement networks, professional bodies and associations e.g. Kenya Institute of Bankers.
- Assessing the fraud risks faced by the Bank and its subsidiaries through the implementation of a fraud risk assessment and prevention process and ensuring that an appropriate action plan is in place to address control weaknesses and mitigating fraud risk.
- Issue investigation reports, make recommendations and advice senior management on appropriate action to be taken based on the outcome of investigations and investigation report findings.
- Take a leading role in the selection of systems and tools used for fraud risk management, ensuring that regulatory and bank requirements and standards are met.
- Conducting and otherwise assisting on fraud, corruption or staff misconduct cases across the Group.
- Reviewing and analyzing allegations and whistle blowing information to determine relevancy and reliability, conducting sensitive interviews involving Senior Members of staff across the Group
- Conducting data-mining and analyzing of Ban/k Group’s database and systems to detect possible frauds.
- Leading or participating in the conducting of sensitive and complex investigations across the Group.
- Providing leadership to staff within the Fraud Risk Management Unit and developing the Team to ensure they deliver the Group Fraud Risk Strategy.
- Communicating the outcomes and lessons learned from investigations and work with the relevant Unit to enhance controls.
- A degree from a reputable University, preferably in Risk Management / Finance/ Accounting/ Law / Management
- Professional / Technical Qualifications / Diplomas: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) or other similar qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of Senior Fraud risk management/ investigations experience in banking fraud & Investigations department, combined with prior experience in intelligence, police. (at least 3 years).
- Previous experience in leading and managing fraud units/teams is a must.
- Experience in interaction with the police and other authorities in fraud matters preferable
- Excellent Analytical and Investigation skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Communications Skills: - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing and Control- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently.
- Management and People skills – Ability to manage a team, provide guidance and mentoring
- Logical and independent thinking as well as assertive
- Applies Objectivity and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good organization and presentation skills.
- Report writing skills;
- Numeric skills
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate
- the official certificate for your highest education