Head of HR
Ilara HealthNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
Ilara Health is on a mission to make diagnostics affordable for Africa. Founded by entrepreneurs passionate about healthcare, Ilara Health brings in technology powered diagnostics from around the world and provides financing to make these diagnostics products available in low to middle income communities, all integrated in the near future via a tech platform.
Ilara Health is a venture funded company on an aggressive growth path and this is an opportunity to get into an exciting, early stage tech startup that is bound to make an impact on healthcare outcomes in Africa.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and agile Head of HR to lay the foundation of a formal HR function at Ilara Health. This role reports to the COO and is part of a very small HR squad in the organization. It involves end to end ownership of the function in true startup fashion
- Refining policies and processes for the complete HR function including recruitment, performance management, payroll management, HR data management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, employer branding, and employee engagement.
- Helping the leadership team define the culture and values of the organization
- Ensuring implementation of above mentioned processes
- Creating and ensuring a proper grievance management and disciplinary policy in the company
- Automating manual HR processes
- Ensuring compliance with all local labor and tax laws
- Directly managing the HR team and ensuring a lean HR operation
- 5+ years of previous experience working at Head of HR or HR Manager level
- Previous experience in both small (<100 people/early stage) and large (>500 people) organizations
- Have a “do more with less mindset”. Using innovation to solve problems in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Strong understanding of regulatory/legal/compliance landscape in Kenya
- Willing and able to get their hands dirty and own the work
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Other Jobs at Ilara Health
Medical Equipment Installation Technician-Kisumu
Ilara Health / Kisumu
Medical Equipment Installation Technician-Nairobi
Ilara Health / Nairobi
Ilara Health / Nairobi
Medical Device Field Sales Representative- Kiambu
Ilara Health / Kiambu
Medical Device Field Sales Representative- Machakos
Ilara Health / Machakos