Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Ports Authority | Mombasa, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of Human Resources
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Human resources
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Reporting to the General Manager - Human Resources & Administration, the job holder is responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating The Human Resources Development, Performance Management, Resourcing and Welfare Activities and Services within the Authority.
Applicants will also be expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya. Specifically,they must obtain and submit the following certification:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
If your career profile matches the requirements of any of the above positions, please submit your application with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card.
- Staff development, monitoring performance and approving staff administrative procedures
Controlling and co-ordinating the activities of the Human Resources Department to ensure the delivery of efficient and timely day to day human resource services to user departments
- Ensuring observance of statutory regulations with regard to leave, adherence to minimum wage standards and compliance to workers’ compensation requirements
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the Authority’s welfare policies in ensuring that activities are undertaken in a cost effective manner
- Overseeing the man power planning function of the Authority ensuring the Authority has sufficient capacity in terms of staffing and skills
- Approving and participating in the formulation of policies and strategies for the maintenance of sound staffing systems including the development of procedures for the recruitment, promotion and the development of staff
- Overseeing the resourcing function of the Authority
Receiving requests from Departmental Heads and thereafter reviewing options on whether to source candidates internally or externally. Chair the Intermediate Staffing Committee (Grade HM4 and below) and is the Secretary of the Senior Interviewing Panel (Grade HM1 to Grade HM3)
Overseeing the development and implementation of disciplinary and grievance policies to thereby advise/assist Departmental Heads on all disciplinary matters
- Overseeing the implementation of the training needs assessment/survey including the sourcing for cost effective training development solutions and evaluation of training/development activities to ensure business needs are met and is therefore secretary of the Training Committee.
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of performance review systems and procedures and ensuring that performance gaps identified are addressed through relevant and cost effective training.
Directing the development and maintenance of sound computerized HR management information systems
- Assisting in conducting and developing proposals with regard to salary reviews and remuneration.
- Overseeing salary payroll administration and ensuring the implementation of pay/reward and employment policies, which motivate employees to deliver outstanding performance and customer service
- Assisting in the negotiations of the CBA and is responsible for implementation of agreed recommendations e.g.salary increases, leave or allowances.
- Preparing, in liaison with the relevant branch of the financial services division, the budget for the Human Resources Department and exercising control on expenditure
Liaising with the representatives of workers’ organisations on matters relating to the terms and conditions or service for unionisable staff
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: MombasaArea of work
: Human resourcesSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Human resource and personnel development; Human resources information systems; Talent management and planning; Personnel administration (working hours, holidays); Project implementation; Compensation and benefitsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply