Head of Information Technology
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
- Develop and Maintain annual operating and capital budgets (Opex and Capex) for Information Technology department.
- Facilitate the implementation of IT solutions and tools to enable smooth running of business systems and execution of internal processes
- Tracking, analyzing and monitoring performance metrics of all services and ensuring uptime of 99.9%
- Manage the delivery of high-quality customer service based on SLA agreements and performance standards
- Ensure availability of IT infrastructure to ensure all work can be executed
- Implement and maintain a help-desk facility to assist internal customers and equip them with the knowledge and skills to effectively operate business systems
- Monitor performance of the business systems to determine trends and areas of concern.
- Oversee the management of the IT inventory to ensure company property is accurately recorded and secured.
- Implement and maintain effective IT security systems and procedures
- Manage IT projects to ensure on time delivery and meeting the expected outcomes.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of IT systems and processes
- Manage the planned maintenance and upgrades of all hardware
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Research and implement best practice and innovative procedures and processes to improve knowledge and utilization of business systems.
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other employees within the organization
- Implement change management processes to ensure end-user confidence when new systems are launched
- Master’s degree in Business or IT
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or Telecommunications.
- Must have Professional registration with Engineering Council
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the telecommunication/technology industry and 5 years in management of IT
- Experience in business process analysis and redesign.
- Experience in Telecommunications IT department.
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization and management.
- In-depth understanding of the business issues that affect the telecommunications industry.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications network operation and maintenance (mobile and landline) methods and procedures, as well as computer software systems associated with such networks.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements that relate to the telecommunications environment in general and a telecommunications network operations and maintenance in particular.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and software characteristics of various telecommunications networks and their integration capabilities
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
2 days left to apply
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region. Telkom is building on a strong, consumer-centric ethos that is committed to providing innovative, accessible and refreshingly simple communications solutions that suit customers’ everyday communication needs.
Meet your new colleagues
2 days left to apply