Head of Logistics Department
Action Against HungerKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
• Advanced university degree in Logistics, business or other related fields (professional qualifications in logistics management is preferred)
• At least 5 years of senior-level professional experience in a similar role, preferably international experience.
• Extensive experience in developing and executing logistics and security strategies.
• Solid experience managing complex logistics operations (including multiple projects, locations and diverse budgets and teams)
• Extensive understanding of logistics standards used by key donors (i.e., SIDA, WFP, EUTF, USAID, GFFO, UNHCR)
• Excellent analytical, team management and communication skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Extensive humanitarian/development industry experience.
• Able to work effectively in a multi-sectoral organization requiring strong communication, planning & organization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to initiate good team understanding and people management
• Significant experience in security response, including demonstrated experience working with diverse field teams and being able to move to field locations to realize the same
• A strong ability to analyze strategic Safety and Security trends and develop appropriate plans and responses
• Experience in developing, reviewing, piloting, and adapting Standard Operating Procedures in medium to complex humanitarian contexts
• Willingness to deploy into bases for weeks affected by the large scale security situation
• Good Negotiation skills
• Coordinate the contribution of logistics staff towards the development of the country office strategic plan
• Lead the process of developing and executing annual logistics plans, which enable the country office to effectively execute and realize its core strategic priorities. These plans will include; procurement, fleet management, IT, facilities management and security plans.
• Lead the process of developing (and/or) implementing Action Against Hunger standards which govern key logistics functions
• Ensure that logistics plans are reviewed and updated regularly (monthly/quarterly)
• Track procurement priorities (from planning – to procurement – to pay) and ensures that these processes are efficiently executed and projects receive timely and quality inputs.
• Support the IT team to provide timely and quality IT infrastructure and support across the organization
• Partner with HR to ensure that Action Against Hunger Uganda attracts and develops a highly productive team of logistics professionals
• Partner with field coordinators to provide ongoing technical support, coaching/mentoring to logistics staff across the organization
• Lead the development of country-level security plans (in alignment with the country office strategic plan)
• Provide ongoing security advisory/updates to all visitors and ensures that all visitors adhere to our minimum security standards
• Responsible for overall coordination and development for all Uganda field bases security operations and delegated country program Staff, asset and reputation safety operation accountability.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Action Against Hunger has no other jobs
Thika / Sintel Security Print Solutions Limited
Senior Administrative Officer
Kampala / Inter-University Council for East Africa
Senior Procurement Officer I Grade 13
Laikipia / Laikipia University
Senior Administrative Officer
Kenya / Inter-University Council for East Africa
Kampala / Riham