Head of Marketing
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
Who we are:Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services such as food and grocery delivery to keep Africa moving forward. Based in Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria, we are a venture-funded Series B company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in Africa. We have a passionate and highly engaged team based in East and West Africa and we are looking to quickly grow it to speed-up the organization’s growth and make sure we can revolutionize transportation, on-demand services and payments in Africa’s cities.
What we are looking for:
SafeBoda is looking for a Head of Marketing to drive SafeBoda towards being the best consumer platform in Africa. The ideal candidate will have both strong marketing, brand and customer acquisition experience and a start-up mentality. The position will drive key strategic decisions for the company and will play a pivotal role in shaping the company’s future.
Responsibilities● Lead SafeBoda’s marketing and brand efforts, managing a large team
● Proactively identify opportunities to grow SafeBoda’s brand awareness, both online and offline. To note, offline is particularly important for our markets.
● Lead the efforts in telling our story, working to enhance and build SafeBoda presence across our markets in Africa.
● Design and develop cross-channel customer growth programs to improve activation, retention, and loyalty. Specifically: ATL Media, Digital channels, PR & influencer marketing & events
● Coordinate with global management and country teams on the strategy to acquire customers and build a great brand.
You should have:
● +5 years of professional experience, with strong knowledge of marketing, growth hacking, and branding, consumer products
● Proven leadership and management experience at scale is essential - managing multiple deadlines with a large and diverse team. Strong leadership skills are a must for this role.
● Expert in digital marketing and managing multiple campaigns, understanding ROI and other key metrics. Understand the leading industry acquisition methods.
● Proven business planning and management skills - exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve. Structured hypothesis-driven approach to problem-solving is a must.
● Data-driven - be able to analyse data and marketing analytics to make informed investment decisions and to report on the effectiveness and efficiency of growth drivers - be confident using Excel or other tools to collect, analyse and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders and being open to new ideas and feedback.
● Understand our users - lives and breathes the user experience by having immersed themselves in user trends, research and live interactions. Complements all decisions with supportive analytics and has shown a bias to test/measure performance continuously.
● Excellent storytelling skills - you’re a gifted writer with a strong creative eye - you’re able to tell the stories and create ads that you know will appeal to our customers and partners, and you do so in a compelling way to build our brand.
● Getting things done - you have an entrepreneurial mindset, applied at scale and through working with others. Ruthless about the prioritization of goals, strategies and individual tasks. You should be able to create a culture of flawless execution, timely delivery and of a high quality.
● Strong academic performance with at a minimum a completed Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades.
● Be well connected, you know who the cool cats are and how to get our app in their hands.
● Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
● Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth and impact
● Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
● Competitive salary
● Free SafeBoda transport
● Free lunch every day
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself