Fuzu Exclusive Job
ConnectMed | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Head of Operations
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Business, strategic management
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Join ConnectMed & their passionate team
ConnectMed is saving lives and revolutionising Kenyan healthcare by connecting patients to doctors and health workers through a smartphone app - making staying healthy affordable, convenient and fun! Our company is set to take Kenya and the rest of Africa by storm, so we need the country’s most talented and hard-working individuals to join us in making it happen. You'll join a passionate executive team, working side-by-side with ConnectMed’s CEO Melissa McCoy - a Rhodes Scholar and former researcher at the University of Oxford.
We need a ROCKSTAR like you!
We’re looking for a Head of Operations to lead and build out the company's entire operational structure. You'll be the backbone of the company, enabling us to grow as quickly as possible and improve more patients' lives. This is several jobs wrapped up into one: Operations Manager, Customer Service Manager, Recruitment Manager, HR Manager, Finance & Accounting Manager and all-around superhero :)
Nice to Have
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done, with at least 5 years of post-graduate school experience. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth organisation.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, ConnectMed works in volatile, low-resource communities. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate – Our customers never leave your mind. You know them, understand them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a patient’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, and experience.
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili & any other language is an added advantage
- General accounting and finance knowledge
- Proficient in Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel
- Experience working in healthcare
- Experience working at a startup
- Competitive salary package, depending on experience
- Transport, internet/voice, and laptop provided
- Flexible work schedule
- Fun Bi-weekly team dinners + Bi-annual Vacation Retreat
Patient Management & Customer Service
Recruitment & Employee Management
- Supervise health coaches and their engagement with patients
- Handle any inbound patient issues that can't be resolved by the health coaches
- Monitor health coach documentation of patients and ensure patients are being taken care of appropriately - you are the patient’s biggest advocate & guardian! :)
- Implement initiatives to improve customer service & train health coaches on best practices
Inventory & Dispensing Partner Management
- Manage the full recruiting cycle.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of all employees
- Manage and track all software and hardware equipment
- Manage payroll & benefits administration
- Track and approve employee reimbursements (via Expensify)
- Conducting regular check-ins with employees
- Implement Employee wellness and retention initiatives
Finance & Accounting
- Design inventory system
- Track inventory traveling between dispensing points, marketing activations, and headquarters
- Resolve any issues arising with the dispensing partners
- Ensure partners are stocked with appropriate items
- Pay partners for their patient pickups appropriately
- Place orders with & pay suppliers
- Manage relationship and be the liaison person between the the Company and external accountant
- Maintain regular communication to ensure timely filing of records and taxes, as well as support for all regulatory compliance.
- Plan financing for operations and support the budgeting process
- Support group wide finance management, good records and ongoing review of financial statements.
- Authorised/Signatory level of transactions for all bank accounts, payments of bills, inter-account transfers
General InformationSalary range
: KSh100,000 - KSh150,000Additional information
: Not specifiedJob start date
: Friday, June 1, 2018Contract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Business, strategic managementSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Accounting; Business strategy; Operative management; Customer relations; Employee relations and consultations; Stock and inventory management; Team leadershipRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply