Head of Operations
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
To lead all of M-KOPA Uganda’s operational areas of the business, including strategic, implementation and management areas. This includes developing and implementing M-KOPA operational strategies for improving business processes, functions, service quality & delivery, business reporting and continuity, and product launches working closely with senior Managers and external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership in developing and reviewing M-KOPA business Operations strategy; Continuously review existing operational processes and Warehouse SOPs, create innovative improvements, ideally using automated technological solutions scale with the business and in line with overall business strategy.
- Oversee and take ownership of the in country supply chain from clearing of goods at the border to release of goods to the customer, including management of returns and swaps.
- Manage UG logistics process; taking the lead on local supplier sourcing and management, assisting in overall stock ordering in M-KOPA’s central supply chain function, alignment with sales goals and cash flow requirements and minimizing obsolete stock.
- Work closely with the M-KOPA global operations and supply chain functions, communicating all UG related issues and working together to achieve the businesses overall operational objectives
- Oversee and manage the operational areas of cross-business projects, such as product launches and innovatively champion business change initiatives through tight coordination of people and resources against budgets and timelines
- Manage all Demand / Supply planning and ensure Swaps, BTL, Returns and Reverse logistics are handled as per the M-KOPA supply chain policies.
- Provide support to the Customer Operations team in ensuring all operational parts of M-KOPA shops are operated effectively and efficiently
- Identify and communicate critical risks to within supply chain of products, informing all relevant stakeholders, and creatively solving problems.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: noneRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Compliance; Operative management; Operative planning; People management; Quality management; Import logistics and custom handling; Logistics planning and management; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)