Head of Project Management
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
solutions. Responsible for Overseeing the conceptualization, planning, development and implementation of assigned Wholesale, Public, Corporate and SME client’s projects. He/ She will be the project management champion in the projects team, providing coaching and mentorship to the team as a senior projects expert.
- Ensure that the project team objectives and key metrics as defined in the Organizational Score Card are delivered within time, cost and quality.
- Ensure the SDU project portfolio revenue conversion rate is aligned to the realization of the SDU new revenue objective.
- Carry out project portfolio planning for approved projects with a clearly documented plan
involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the project portfolio budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised milestones as the project progresses.
- Validate and oversee the realization of the consolidated project cost optimization plans from the assigned project managers.
- Facilitate the appointment of individuals to the specific projects tasks for specific project
- Manage the relationships with the customers during the implementations phase, until
- Follow up on the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle of the implemented customer solution.
- Supervise team’s and act as the project management escalation point for customer projects as per team project portfolio.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures to ensure a consistent delivery of the right message to all customers
- Ensure the assigned team follows the industry project management standards in the planning and execution of the projects management processes (cost, schedule, quality,
communication, stakeholder, risk, closure)
- Implement and ensure self and team adherence to project methodology and processes as adopted by Telkom Kenya in the management and execution of customer projects.
- Ensure continuous improvement on project processes, systems and tools to realize high standards in the quality of project management within the organization.
- Identify project portfolio risks and/or issues and implement necessary action plans to manage them so as to avoid potential delays and scope creep.
- Ensure project closure through a clear sign-off, billing initiation and handover to the post
- Be the project management champion in the projects team, providing, coaching and mentorship to the team members as a projects expert.
- Take responsibility for team and self-development through identification of learning opportunities
- Manage any other ad-hoc, short term and long term customer projects improvement initiatives as may be assigned by the business from time to time.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
5 days left to apply
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region. Telkom is building on a strong, consumer-centric ethos that is committed to providing innovative, accessible and refreshingly simple communications solutions that suit customers’ everyday communication needs.
Meet your new colleagues
5 days left to apply